Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: weatherstriping
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chikenfajita
where is the cheapest place to buy weatherstripping ???, i looked at pelican and it was not cheap. any other places?
thanks monkeydance.gif
sj914
weatherstripping isn't cheap.
dlo914
been thinking about getting some weather-stripping from a FLAPS (autozone), but other than that any other aftermarket suggestions?
Mission Beach
You can find some from time to time at Autobahn in El Cajon (San Diego). Don't call and bug them as they probably don't know exactly what they have. I was there a few weeks ago and they had quite a few pieces and several doors with rubber on them.

They have a whole wall of stuff that you can sort through.

Pelican is still the best, and their website is very clear and easy to use. We were impressed with the quality and quick service.

clap56.gif Regards
jim912928
I got all of my weatherstripping (replaced every piece) from GPR. OEM stuff and had the best prices around...and I checked everywhere I knew.

oh, except that very very very expensive targa seal..you know the 300 dollar one. I got the Sammy seal and it fits perfect.
SLITS
If you're looking for the windshield seal - you're gonna pay - no aftermarket cheapie.

The Targa rear seal - Talk to Sammy

The window seals (targa top and sail panel) you're at the mercy of PP, GPR, AA, etc

The outer door seals, window squeege, fuzzy strip, etc - same as above.

For the trunk(s), inner door, bulkhead (gas tank), email Glenn Sager @ a914luvr@sbcglobal.net - he has an aftermarket that works very well.
Aaron Cox
Ive got the sammy ans glenn sager seals. top notch.... save some money with them, and bend over and take it buying the rest of the stuff bootyshake.gif
Root_Werks
Yeah, get the Sammy rear seal, well worth it.

Call GPR, they have a great front seal for around $150. Seals are not cheap. But I think GPR has some good prices.

1-800-321-5432

wink.gif
I just did the windshield kit trip kit, and got it from Tweeks, I got most of the rubber from GPR, and a few from Pelican,

-I think tweeks was cheaper on the windshield kit, and GPR was cheaper on door rubber, but pelican has some of the seals that the others dont have. I also, sorry a bit OT- replaced my antenna with pelicans hershiman replacement, and it looks identical to the origional, and fit perfectly.
DougC
I have to replace all of mine too, it's next on my list. I think I'll be getting everything from Pelicans except that targa seal, they have it for $425 - think I'll buy Sammy's version instead. It'll be nice to have all new weatherstripping though.

Doug C
John
Sorry that I'm slow today but what is GPR?

Thanks
jim912928
German Parts & Restoration. It's a parts place like Pelican. Talk to Dave there...he is a 914 guru and gives great prices.

http://www.gprparts.com
Kerrys914
FYI, I also have been making a rear targa seal. I have been making them for over two years now and alot of people seem to like them. Some are even on this list wink.gif

I hear Sammy's seal is very good. I am just giving you another option.

Best of luck beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.