Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: power for add on gauges
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike D.
since I've added the type 4 engine to my vw fastback I want to add some 914 gauges. Can I use always on power for the gauge power? I'm adding a tachometer, oil pressure gauge, oil temperature gauge.
sportlicherFahrer
If you use a constant power source you will most likely just drain your battery. Should be able to use a test light and see what fuses have key on power and branch off of one of those, and/or try for a relay method so the draw on the fuse is only to drive the relay and not the gauges.
mrholland2
Do you mean ALWAYS on? Or always on when the ignition is on? The answer to the first is no, the answer to the second is yes.

QUOTE(Mike D. @ Aug 10 2013, 11:49 AM) *

since I've added the type 4 engine to my vw fastback I want to add some 914 gauges. Can I use always on power for the gauge power? I'm adding a tachometer, oil pressure gauge, oil temperature gauge.

Mike D.
I pretty much knew the answer. But I had perfectly good clock power sitting there and no more room in the fuse box. I made room and have switched on power.
Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.