Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: L-jet onto 2056
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jmargush
I have been told I can put L-jet onto a 2056.

here are some issues I am running into I would appreciate any input so I can get this thing in that car and run it.

Original motor is a 2.0 so the Heads have 3 bolt intake so the 2.0 intake runners don't seem to line up perfectly with the L-jet plenum.

I can get the rubber coupler on all parts but I am concerned about potential vacuum leaks due to the misalignment.

Has anyone else dealt with these issues? what did you do?

Jeff
messix
search for the thread that rootwerks did on the 2.0 l-jet he did.

I think he drilled new holes in the l-jet manifolds
Porschef
I have a 2056 w Ljet. It does however, have 1.8 heads on a 1.7 case. There would be a need for adjustment for the runners as the plenums are different....

Joe
messix
here is dans thread.
the L-jet conversion starts at page 6, post 117.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...&hl=drilled manifolds&st=100
jmargush
thanks guys
MartyYeoman
This is my solution for the same problem.
3 bolt 2 liter heads, 1.8 L-jet plenum, 912E runners modified to achieve better alignment. Only the 3-4 side needed to be cut and weld adjusted. I plan on using slightly longer than stock connection tubes to span the plenum to runner gaps.
Marty
JeffBowlsby
Could you just use a stock 2.0L D-jet intake system including the throttle body, then figure out how to duct a 912E AFM?

I had a harness customer adapt 2.0L D-jet FI onto his 2.0L L-jet 912E, the opposite should be achievable
r_towle
Can you use the 1.8 liter runners, just drill them for the head studs?
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(jmargush @ Aug 11 2013, 10:42 AM) *

I have been told I can put L-jet onto a 2056.

here are some issues I am running into I would appreciate any input so I can get this thing in that car and run it.

Original motor is a 2.0 so the Heads have 3 bolt intake so the 2.0 intake runners don't seem to line up perfectly with the L-jet plenum.

I can get the rubber coupler on all parts but I am concerned about potential vacuum leaks due to the misalignment.

Has anyone else dealt with these issues? what did you do?

Jeff

I'd look at using Bus runners and plenum, and drilling the flanges to 3 bolt to match the heads. Note: I haven't tried this, and have no parts laying around to try this. Also, be aware that L-jet HATES camshafts other than stock, although Jake's cam should probably work.

The Cap'n
Porschef
I should have added that I've got a 9550 cam in it. Warm up is the only issue. Then it's all good... beer.gif
jmargush
QUOTE(r_towle @ Aug 11 2013, 03:05 PM) *

Can you use the 1.8 liter runners, just drill them for the head studs?

I think this is the quickest and simplest fix at this point.

I have Raby's new 9590 cam so we'll see how it does with L-Jet.

I have a D-jet system but don't know if it is working or not, plus the l-jet distributor is set up with pertronix.
ChrisFoley
Do what Marty Yeoman did to the plenum so the fittings line up better and get some silicone hose from McMaster so you can cut slightly longer connectors.
If you know how to tune L-Jet it will tolerate quite a bit of cam.
MartyYeoman
You can't just drill a new hole for the third stud when trying to mount 1.8 liter runners onto 2 liter heads. The outboard stud spacing is different on the two designs. There's a thread with pictures here somewhere. The 2 liter outboard studs will breakout on the 1.8 runner casting. Not a good idea.
Marty
bigkensteele
QUOTE(Marty Yeoman @ Aug 12 2013, 06:24 PM) *

You can't just drill a new hole for the third stud when trying to mount 1.8 liter runners onto 2 liter heads. The outboard stud spacing is different on the two designs. There's a thread with pictures here somewhere. The 2 liter outboard studs will breakout on the 1.8 runner casting. Not a good idea.
Marty

Worst case, just use the 2 liter runners and cut them an inch or so off the curve and use a second set of hose to make them line up to the 1.8 plenum. However, I have seen more than one thread here where folks drilled the third hole in the 1.8 runners and it apparently worked.

Marty, what do you mean that the outside studs will "breakout". Not disagreeing with you, just asking.
MartyYeoman
If you drill out the 1.8 liter flange where the outboard 2 liter studs reside, the holes will be so close the the edge that they will "breakout" over the edge of the flange. The number one rule of good design is to always keep the holes on the part. bye1.gif
bigkensteele
QUOTE(Marty Yeoman @ Aug 12 2013, 06:54 PM) *

If you drill out the 1.8 liter flange where the outboard 2 liter studs reside, the holes will be so close the the edge that they will "breakout" over the edge of the flange. The number one rule of good design is to always keep the holes on the part. bye1.gif

OK, think I get you. I will go take some measurements, as I have both handy. Thanks!

Edit: I thought that I had both to measure, as I have a 2.0 out on the stand, and I thought that I had some 1.8 gaskets laying around. Couldn't find the gaskets, and the car with the 1.8 is in the shop, so I will take your word for it.
sean_v8_914
you will like it. i have done a few. everything you need has been posted in THIS thread. works great with 1.8 heads also. small valves slightly more lift, nice low end pull. carbs suck, EFI is sweet
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.