Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sponsorship
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
seanery
Garold & Doug,
You two spoke to folks for this year's event, I remember hearing some report that we could have received more support if we asked earlier. I believe this was from the bigger operations. Should we send them a request?
GaroldShaffer
I would say yes.
Doug Leggins
Yes. We should make contact early.
seanery
Should we come up with a form-ish letter to send out?
GaroldShaffer
I would say yes, that way we are all on the same page.
GaroldShaffer
Sean, I know you have a lot on your plate but any thougts about the FFC05 letter? I will have some time in May that I can start working sponsors for the event.

I would like to talk to Haggerty soon, also start talking with Motolegends and see if they are interested. I know that they emailed Howard about the WCC.

edit - Will you have time for this with everything going on with you Father? I am willing to help anyway that I can.
GaroldShaffer
Should I contact Motolegends about sponsorship for this year? I might have a "IN" with someone at discount tire also.
GaroldShaffer
so is there a plan for what "sponors" get for their $$ & door prize donataions? I would like to start making calls & send emails this week. below is what we asked last year.

Presenting Sponsor:
Logo on all awards and anywhere the Fall Foliage Logo is used
Logo (sized to fit) in a 3.9" x 2.2" box on front of shirt
Logo (sized to fit) in a 6.1" x 3.5" box on back of shirt
2 XL Event T-Shirts
2 L Event T-Shirts

For an Event sponsor we are asking for a donation of $150. For this you will get a link to your website on the FFC04 website. Along with that the Event Sponsor will get the following:

Event Sponsor:
Logo 3.5" x 2" on back of shirt
2 Event T-Shirts

For a Door Prize sponsor we are asking for a donation of, well a door prize. For this you will get a link to your website on the FFC04 website. Along with that Event Sponsor will get the following:

Door Prize Sponsors:
Logo 2" x 1.2" on back of shirt
1 Event T-Shirt
seanery
sounds good to me, but is there a way we can specify that the door prize value must be higher value than the shirt? I remember last year the used parts guy's value was just about a wash with the shirt cost. Shirts are gonna run $1500-1600 this year with the current design and based on a qty of 100.
GaroldShaffer
I think we can do that. any idea on what the cost to attend is? we will offer shirts for people to order if they can not attend like the other events are, correct?
seanery
I think we should. I think $35 or so is a fair price, right? confused24.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (seanery @ Jul 27 2005, 11:11 AM)
I think we should. I think $35 or so is a fair price, right? confused24.gif

So are we going with what? long sleeved- polo for the shirt or a short-sleeved shop-shirt?

I'm not sure what a shop shirt is, but the long sleeved Polo I think $35 is fair. Would that cover the cost of the shirt plus help off set some other costs?
seanery
I don't have a price on a polo yet. The pricing is for a long sleeved T with embroidered front logo and screen printed rear.

I think a polo will add approx $5 to each shirt cost and may not be worth it.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (seanery @ Jul 27 2005, 12:51 PM)

I think a polo will add approx $5 to each shirt cost and may not be worth it.

I will agree with that. I have my WCC Polo, its nice but I don't wear it near as much as I do my other 914 club event tee shirts.
Engman
Sean - need a logo - something along the lines of Engman Parts or something like that......

M
seanery
If we could get:

1 - Event Sponsor $500+
1 - Lunch Sponsor (Picnic in Park) (whatdya think - $250 300? - will that cover lunch?)
1 - Awards Sponsor - how much $ do we need mark?

then door prize sponsors, gimmees, etc...
A value of $50 or higher for the sponsor name to go on the shirt is a good minimum (is this agreeable?)

seanery
QUOTE (Engman @ Jul 28 2005, 09:38 PM)
Sean - need a logo - something along the lines of Engman Parts or something like that......

M

are you changing from 9R Parts?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (seanery @ Aug 11 2005, 06:59 AM)
If we could get:

1 - Event Sponsor $500+
1 - Lunch Sponsor (Picnic in Park) (whatdya think - $250 300? - will that cover lunch?)

A value of $50 or higher for the sponsor name to go on the shirt is a good minimum (is this agreeable?)

What would be the plan for lunch? is mom cooking again? chowtime.gif Subway does box lunches, not sure on the costs?
seanery
lunch is something we'll need to plan. Mom won't be doing it this year, so we'll need to come up something.
Caterer's will do them for us, as well as Kroger, Marsh, etc...Not sure on costs.
GaroldShaffer
If it is ok with everyone else I will take the paypal donations for sponsorships and run a spread sheet for the money recieved and paypal fee. Is that cool?

I really don't want to take the money for registrations. I have a TON SCCA stuff I am working on and just don't want to deal will all the registration stuff. I (we, Julie) can help at the event with getting goodie bags and such handed out like we did lastyear.

Sean, do you want door prize items sent to you or where???
seanery
maybe we should have them sent to Doug if he's ok with that. I doubt that I will be able to attend the event this year.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (seanery @ Aug 11 2005, 08:11 AM)
I doubt that I will be able to attend the event this year.

sad.gif Who is going to be the lead for this if you are gone? Julie and I might have to leave Sunday morning before the twisty tour and we will more then likely get there late Friday night. I can't take any time off in Oct, the other manager I work with wife is due mid october and he is taking 4 weeks off.
seanery
we'll get it covered. I know that isn't a problem with the folks involved.
We can worry about that as we get closer. wink.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (seanery @ Aug 11 2005, 06:59 AM)
If we could get:

1 - Event Sponsor $500+

Will give the sponsors free shirts like we did last year? How many? also what sponsors that plan to attend?
Do they pay the registration fee or is it free for them plus a shirt?
seanery
I would say 1 shirt for anyone donating less than $200 reg on their own.
More than $200 - 2 shirts + 1 free reg
More than $400 - 4 shirts + 2 free reg
GaroldShaffer
do we have a cutoff date for sponsorships? you know so we have enough time to get logos and such for shirt orders?
seanery
Oct 1 ?
Doug Leggins
If it is ok with everyone else I will take the paypal donations for sponsorships and run a spread sheet for the money recieved and paypal fee. Is that cool?

I really don't want to take the money for registrations. I have a TON SCCA stuff I am working on and just don't want to deal will all the registration stuff. I (we, Julie) can help at the event with getting goodie bags and such handed out like we did lastyear.

Sean, do you want door prize items sent to you or where???

I am willing to take care of the registration $ tracking. Do I need to set up a seperate Paypal or just use my existing account? Or is there one already set up for the event?

The door prize items can be sent to my place. I can easily transport them to the event.
Doug Leggins
I spoke with Brad Mayeur today about converting my tail shifter into a side shifter. I plan on taking it up to his place on Friday the 9th.

We briefly talked about the FFC and he stated that he would donate some $ and door prize stuff.
GaroldShaffer
smilie_pokal.gif Thanks Doug.
Pnambic
Cool!

Doug, what's your paypal account? (I should have paid you via paypal back in April...)
I'll post it on the registration form to remind people.
Pnambic
And if you can get sponsors to send you an image to put on the shirt / web page, that would be cool.
Doug Leggins
My Paypal account is Doug302@aol.com

Guys - After tonight I'm going to be out of town, out of touch until Thursday, 9/8 or Friday 9/9.

Then I'm going to get my 73 roadworthy in 4 weeks to be able to drive it at the FFC biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif ......I might be dreaming laugh.gif
Pnambic
Oh, but what a dream it is! rolleyes.gif
You'll have Get Dirty at Doug's day to finish up any loose ends. smash.gif No problem!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.