Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gauging interest
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tscrihfield
All,
I am in the middle of designing and fabricating a set of hub stands specific for the 914/911 (any car with 5x130mm bolt pattern). I do not care for any of the variations that are available for purchase so I decided to start the design myself. They will allow you to do your own alignment (true alignment without rubber) and you can store your car on them so your rubber doesn't get flat spots. These typically cost $800-1000 for a set of 4 and I am looking to keep it around $400 for a set probably $500-550 shipped due to weight. I will keep you all posted on how this is coming along as i make progress.

For those who dont know what they are see link...
http://www.flyinmiata.com/index.php?stocknumber=35-70050
rnellums
Thats a great idea! But won't the stands mentioned in your link fit our cars for 400$
tscrihfield
QUOTE(rnellums @ Aug 11 2013, 08:00 PM) *

Thats a great idea! But won't the stands mentioned in your link fit our cars for 400$

They're $400 for a pair, 2 pair needed. $800 and they have a feature where they are a pendulum which I don't like because it will make it touch to get readings off of them.

d914
that's $395 a pair!!
tscrihfield
sorry to confuse anyone on the link. I am talking about 4 stands for targeted price above and they are selling 2 for $395.

Thomas
brant
very nice.
I would definitely be interested in seeing how the project goes

I'll follow along!
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(tscrihfield @ Aug 11 2013, 07:03 PM) *

They're $400 for a pair, 2 pair needed. $800 and they have a feature where they are a pendulum which I don't like because it will make it touch to get readings off of them.

Why would this make them tough to get a reading? The upright is mounted firm to the hub. The lower stand must move around as you make adjustments but you never are measuring off the stand. All measurements are done from the mounted plate
tscrihfield
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Aug 12 2013, 12:10 PM) *

QUOTE(tscrihfield @ Aug 11 2013, 07:03 PM) *

Why would this make them tough to get a reading? The upright is mounted firm to the hub. The lower stand must move around as you make adjustments but you never are measuring off the stand. All measurements are done from the mounted plate

It is difficult to get a degree for camber, it is hard to describe without having one in hand. I have used the ones pictured in the link, I just have a different idea thats all.

Once I prove concept, I will begin quantity runs. I have a feeling it will work fine though.

Thomas
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.