Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Off topic tow truck with boom.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
callplatinum
Putting out the work on some forum I visit.

I have a large cruiser with a 350 v8 I need to yank out. I have it completely unbolted and disconnected, but because of the other all height I'll need to use a truck with a boom or forklift.

I can move my boat for removal.

So if any of you know of a source around Snohomish, Cleaview I'd be interested.
callplatinum
QUOTE(callplatinum @ Aug 11 2013, 07:42 PM) *

Putting out the work on some forum I visit.

I have a large cruiser with a 350 v8 I need to yank out. I have it completely unbolted and disconnected, but because of the other all height I'll need to use a truck with a boom or forklift.

I can move my boat for removal.

So if any of you know of a source around Snohomish, Cleaview I'd be interested.

Willing to pay cash for whats fair, or trade a 8-2 salmon fishing trip..

JStroud
When I've pulled motors from my bigger boats, I just back them under a big tree, use a come along or electric hoist, just a thought.

Jeff
chads74
QUOTE(jsconst @ Aug 12 2013, 06:52 AM) *

When I've pulled motors from my bigger boats, I just back them under a big tree, use a come along or electric hoist, just a thought.

Jeff

Same thing I have always done, also used a steel beam in a warehouse
Olympic 914
I built this to pull the engine from my boat...

IPB Image

Worked Pretty good ... 4x6 across the top. Just left it in place for the install too.

IPB Image

wndsrfr
Don't look only for a tow truck but also look for a utility truck with a boom lift mounted on the side of the tool box. Ours has the boom with both winch for the cable and hydraulic cylinder for boom lift. It'll handle a 350 engine.....tilts a bit, but does the job.....
messix
you can rent a boom truck from rental yards.

most any one that has a boom/lift truck will shy away from "helping" you for liability reasons.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.