Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 engine swap
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Coltronist
I've got a '74 914, I was really thinking of putting a 911 engine inside of it, I was wondering if anyone has done that before? Would you recommend it? Would that motor be compatible with the current 914 transmission? How much work would I be getting myself into? And are there any other motor swap suggestions anyone may have?

Ps I have decent mechanical savy welder.gif
partwerks
Subaru WRX 2.0?
ConeDodger
There were 3000 and some 914-6's made. Yet somehow, there are thousands more 914's with 6's! Do you know why the 911 has been so popular for 50 years? It's a good parts donor for the 914! evilgrin.gif

Yes. It can be done. and you've come to the right place to find out how!
OllieG
"Do you know why the 911 has been so popular for 50 years? It's a good parts donor for the 914!"

Ha, brilliant...I second that motion!!
type47
welcome.png I would first ask what are your plans for the car? Is it currently driveable? Do you feel the need for more HP? What is your budget? What is the condition of the rest of the car? Post some pix...
Chris H.
The 914 is very versatile when it comes to engine swaps. Swapping a 911 engine or a Subaru engine is probably tied for first place in terms of popularity, followed closely by the LS1 V8. There have been awesome Audi turbo swaps, V6 swaps, V8 swaps, electric swaps, etc. Search away! It's all been done before.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Coltronist @ Aug 12 2013, 01:04 AM) *
I was wondering if anyone has done that before? Would you recommend it? Would that motor be compatible with the current 914 transmission? How much work would I be getting myself into? And are there any other motor swap suggestions anyone may have?

See top link in my signature to answer all of your questions.
biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.