Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Side window adjustment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MoveQik
I am getting the car back together and I am really struggling with getting the driver's side window to roll up and down properly. Starting form the rolled up position, the trailing edge of the window wants to drop as I roll it down. Then from the down position the opposite happens, the leading edge binds leaving the trailing edge to go up first. I have tried adjusting where the crank assembly attaches to the glass with no luck. Other suggestions? The car is a '75.
MoveQik
QUOTE(scotty boy @ Aug 12 2013, 01:26 PM) *

crank mechanism may be worn. There is a replacement piece available or you may need a new mechanism. Did you take the door panel off and observe as you lower and raise the window? Some times looking behind the curtain answers alot of questions.

Yeah, I have the panel off. I had the entire assembly out before it headed off to the paint booth. What should I look for to see if it is worn? At first glace it all looks good but just not lining up properly.
bulitt
Check to see if the rear vertical guide bracket has all the bottom screws intact.
MoveQik
QUOTE(bulitt @ Aug 12 2013, 02:56 PM) *

Check to see if the rear vertical guide bracket has all the bottom screws intact.

Yup, they are all there and it is secure.
TravisNeff
Missing the guide rollers?
MoveQik
Close Travis. I figured it out. One of the rollers that goes into the guide that is mounted to the door slipped out. got it back in and it seems to have solved the problem. Couldn't see it out of place until I got a mirror in there. Thanks for the advice all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.