Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Parting Out 1973 914 plus extra parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Pages: 1, 2
Milsha12
UPDATE - SOLD!!

Hi everyone,

I finally gave up on my restoration project after consulting with several experienced 914 guys. I want the parts to go to good homes, so if you need any parts, please let me know. Most parts are stock to the best of my knowledge.

I will be selling THE WHOLE LOT VERY SOON, so if you need anything, LET ME KNOW ASAP!!!

I believe the engine is 1.7 L - it runs good, with stock fuel injection system. I would rather not take parts off the engine, so the engine (or engine and transmission) should be bought as one unit. SOLD - Thanks Skip!

Transmission is good except first gear is not usable. SOLD - Thanks Skip!

Front bumper pad is okay, some ripples, (see pictures and prices in this thread) and I have an extra one that is in really good shape. One pad SOLD (Thanks Dennis), one still available.

The interior is in excellent shape, minus a few missing pieces like door panels. Stock radio, upper and lower dash pads, seats, rear pad, center console, gauges, knobs, etc. are all in great condition. Extra lower pad and extra vent deflectors also available. (see pictures and prices in this thread)

I have new emergency brake cables and refurbished front calipers still in packaging.

I have an extra front trunk lid in decent shape (needs some ding repairs), the front trunk lid on the car is in good shape (besides the paint), and the rear trunk lid is pretty good with the exception of a ding by the latch. (see pictures and prices in this thread)

Tailight, turn signal, and marker lenses are all in pretty good shape, plus I have some extras in lesser good shape. (see pictures and prices in this thread)

I have an extra gas tank plus the one in the car.

I have an extra door window, triangle windows, and rear window plus the windows in the car.

I have two targa tops. One is in decent condition but has some small chips out of the rear edge. The other has paint peeling off all over, but otherwise still fits up on the car well.

Doors have minimal rust. Door handles are good. Door handles are SOLD (Thanks Dan!)

Everything else on the car is available, plus some other goodies in boxes. (some parts are now SOLD)

Please post or PM me with any requests. I have not put any prices on all of these items yet. Let me know what you need, I can provide pictures and condition, and we can agree on a price.

Pickup is welcome if you are local, I can ship items if needed, but it may not be feasible for the larger pieces (I can check based on your zip). All prices are not including shipping unless stated as "shipped" and there are no handling fees. Buyer pays actual shipping. Cash is preferred if picking up. For shipped items, we can work out paypal or paper methods if needed.

I just hope these parts can help others with their projects so we can keep more 914s on the road!
Mblizzard
I would be interested in the seat belts. I can't pick up but they should be an easy flat rate ship. I will pay all Paypal fees.
euro911
Were the 'experienced 914 guys' members on this forum?

Most 914s have some rust repairs that are needed. Just curious what and where the damage is that makes it not worth restoring?
etcmss
so what do you want for the whole thing?
Milsha12
QUOTE(euro911 @ Aug 13 2013, 12:07 PM) *

Were the 'experienced 914 guys' members on this forum?

Most 914s have some rust repairs that are needed. Just curious what and where the damage is that makes it not worth restoring?

I bought it with full intentions to restore it - I believe any car is restorable if you have and are willing to provide some combination of skills, money, and time. It became apparent that I don't enough of any of those to make it work for me.

I thought the car could be saved and someone else could restore it, so I have had it on Craigs List for months. Had several calls asking for more pictures or details, then no return calls after sending them.

3 guys that have a lot of experience with 914s (at least one is a member of this forum, if not all of them) looked at it and all agreed that the deterioration in the longitudinals, inner rockers, rear quarter panels, front driver's fender, and front bumper mounts (which is as far as I dug into it) were really bad. The hell hole is not that bad, but is pretty thin. The batter tray is gone. The left rear trunk hinge is broken off the body. The rear trunk floor has pinholes. The front end has a small bend from a minor collision.

Is it do-able? Sure, maybe, but not for me. I love 914s, so I'll probably buy one again some day.

Hopefully these parts can keep some good 914's on the road and looking good so those of us who appreciate them can enjoy them.
Milsha12
QUOTE(etcmss @ Aug 13 2013, 01:49 PM) *

so what do you want for the whole thing?

I'm asking $1500 $800 $500 $300 for the [remaining] entire lot (pickup only, Sterling Heights, Michigan). If someone thinks they can restore it, I would be glad to sell it all to them so they can try to save it from being parted out. Otherwise, maybe someone wants to buy it for some of the parts and sell the rest (maybe to fund their project).

As I sell off parts, I will lower the price until the lot sells.
Milsha12
Pictures of (2) Front Rubber Bumper tops available

The straighter one is SOLD (Thanks Dennis!)

The one pictured near the winshield with ripples in center is still available - $75 + shipping (about $110 total, depending on your location)

euro911
OK, just wanted to make sure you received sound advice. I can understand not wanting to sink a lot of $ into something you can't fix on your own ... BTDT, bodywork isn't one of my strong points and can become very expensive dry.gif

There are some guys out here that do some phenomenal work though. They have the energy, knowledge, skills and time to tackle some pretty far-gone specimens with great success.

Don't give up - there are still some good candidates out there.
Milsha12
Picture of radio, price is pending functional test to ensure it works well, but I'm not doing that unless someone wants it.

If interested, send me a PM.
nmorrm
I am interested in the rubber seal around the rear trunk lock if it is in reasonable shape. Let me know.
Thanks.
dfelz
Sent a PM yesterday, but haven't received a response yet
Milsha12
QUOTE(dfelz @ Aug 15 2013, 03:58 AM) *

Sent a PM yesterday, but haven't received a response yet

Sorry, I've had a lot of requests, and I have a day job, too, so I'm doing my best to get back with everyone in a timely manner. I'll be sending you a PM on your parts shortly.
Milsha12

vent controls ($20) (SOLD - Thanks Rob!)

Fasten seatbelt light ($15)
Milsha12
Sun visors - $25

SOLD - Thanks R8CERX!!
Milsha12
Parking brake / emergency brake / e-brake cables, mfg. by OEM Gemo, purchased new about 5 years ago, still in bags - $60 shipped in the US for the pair or $35 shipped in US for one (UPDATED PRICE again)

SOLD - Thanks Jim!
Milsha12
Extra trunk lid, no rust, but has some small dents, no Porsche emblem - $40 (local pickup only)
Milsha12
Door handles and steering lock, with matching key - $60 SOLD (Thanks Dan!)
Milsha12
Side marker lights - one crack at top of driver side lens - $40 (set)

SOLD!! - Thanks, Brad!
Milsha12
Turn signal lenses and buckets - one crack at top of driver side - $40 (set)

Lenses SOLD (Thanks David!)

Buckets still available - $15 ea. + shipping

Buckets SOLD - (Thanks Mark!)
Milsha12
- (4) Turn signal buckets (one with connector broken)
- (1) lens (stress cracks, but no large cracks)
- (2) seals (UPDATED was qty. 1, now 2)

$40 (all)

Each bucket - $15
Lens only - $15
lens and best bucket - $25

SOLD - Thanks, Mark!

Lens still available - (stress cracks, but no large cracks) - $10 + shipping
Milsha12
Fuel Tank fittings - $10 SOLD (Thanks Dan!)
Milsha12
Dash switches:

Headlight switch (working) - $25 SOLD (Thanks Brant!)
Fog light switch (need to test) - $25 SOLD (Thanks Erik!)
Hazard Switch (working) - $25
Cigarette Lighter - $20 SOLD (Thanks Ron!)

Defrost indicator - $20 SOLD (Thanks Dan!)
Milsha12
Fog lights - $30 (set) (price reduced)

no cracks in lenses but some black paint overspray
reflectors in good shape
housings have rust and will need work

SOLD (Thanks Erik!)
Milsha12
Gauge cluster - All worked when I ran the car last (a couple months ago), just needs a little cleaning - $150 (set)

I can provide more pictures if requested.

SOLD
Milsha12
Horns:
set of two pictured together - $20
single pictured - $10
set of two on car - $20

ALL SOLD - Thanks Tom and Dennis!
Milsha12
Set of door contact switches - may be sticky, not sure - $5 - SOLD
Set of door contact switches in car (1 pictured) - work well - $15 - SOLD

back pad light - not Hella, cracked, but works - $10 - SOLD (Thanks Dan!)
t collins
Sending PM for both outside door handles and the pair of horns
Thanks, Tom
Milsha12
Trunk latch and lock with key (seal shown in picture is not included) - $25
Milsha12
Rear alignment shims plus miscellaneous parts and bolts - $30 shipped in US

Shims sold

Cover plates and remaining h/w - $15 shipped
Milsha12
Box of steering components - $40+Shipping
Milsha12
Nice Bilstein Jack - $20 + shipping - SOLD along with parking brake handle
Milsha12
Window mechanisms and guides - EVERYTHING PICTURED HERE for $30 + shipping
Milsha12
Carpet is in good shape - includes trunk carpet - needs a good cleaning - $70 + shipping - SOLD along with the center deposit (Thanks Ford!)
Milsha12
Back Pad truly is in excellent shape - you don't find them this good!

Vinyl is soft and board is still very solid, all screws are there. It hasn't been cleaned in a while and it still looks great!

$250 + shipping in the cont. US.

SOLD - Thanks Rob!
Milsha12
Rear / Tail lenses have some cracks - $70 for pair or $40 ea.

Lens and body $50 per side or $90 for the pair

(prices do not include shipping)

SOLD
euro911
Shipping a back pad - typically one disassembles it into 3 pieces, and it's still a big box. Hopefully you get a local buyer.
Milsha12
Sail Trim pictures from a PM request

Top and bottom side pieces SOLD (Thanks wolverine3000!)

Rear curved pieces and long top piece still available - SOLD!
Milsha12
Pictures of the front bumper pad that is still available - $75 + shipping (about $35)
Milsha12
Broken front bumperettes (nubs) (first two pictures) - $5 + shipping/handling

Rear bumper with one bumperette (needs some repair, overall not bad) (next 4 pictures) - $30 + shipping/handling

Front bumper (dented, rusted, still solid) (last five pictures) - $10 + shipping/handling

The bumpers are large and heavy, so I prefer pickup, but if you want them shipped, the shipping/handling charges are going to be significant. Let me know if you are interested and we can get an estimate the costs based on your zip code.

Milsha12
Side view mirror - $40 - SOLD (Thanks David!)
mepstein
QUOTE(Milsha12 @ Aug 15 2013, 03:19 PM) *

emergency brake / e-brake cables, purchased new about 5 years ago, still in bags - $70

i'll buy for $40 + shipping. Let me know. thanks, mark
JeffBowlsby
Are you sure this is a 1973 car? That rear bumper is a 1974 model. It is a 1974 model if the VIN starts with 474.

Will you carefully remove the chassis harness without cutting anything and sell it to me? Please contact me by email jabowlsby-at-gmail.com
914Sixer
I will take the trunk lock with key. Let me know how you want to get paid.
Milsha12
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Aug 18 2013, 01:04 AM) *

Are you sure this is a 1973 car? That rear bumper is a 1974 model. It is a 1974 model if the VIN starts with 474.

Will you carefully remove the chassis harness without cutting anything and sell it to me? Please contact me by email jabowlsby-at-gmail.com

I've heard this before, but I think the bumper was replaced in a previous restoration. The vin on the windshiled is 4732905981. I haven't checked any other locations on the car to see if numbers match.
Milsha12
Inside / Interior door handles with linkage rod - two sets availabe, only one shown - $50 shipped per set (price updated)
Milsha12
Picture of armrest and tray - $40 (UPDATE) - SOLD - Thanks David!
Milsha12
Fog light grills, black paint overspray, one cracked, the other undamaged - pair $20+shipping

Vent boxes (pair) - operate well, but on one, the top of deflector falls in if pushed -pair $20+shipping

Headlight surrounds / bezels - black, pair, no cracks - $15+shipping

Black side view mirror, glass in good condition (no cracks) - $15+shipping
barefoot
QUOTE(Milsha12 @ Aug 17 2013, 01:53 AM) *

Side view mirror - $40
From picture, mirror looks like silvering is deteriorated near edges, any better photos ?
Barefoot

Milsha12
QUOTE(barefoot @ Aug 18 2013, 09:47 PM) *

QUOTE(Milsha12 @ Aug 17 2013, 01:53 AM) *

Side view mirror - $40

From picture, mirror looks like silvering is deteriorated near edges, any better photos ?
Barefoot

Here are some closer pictures...

UPDATE - SOLD
hot_shoe914
If the black side view mirroe is for the driver side and is not loose, I will take it. Shipping to 38117. Just let me know. Could really use this right away before RRC if possible. Mine won't stay in place above 60MPH.

Shoe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.