Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wanted: As many 914s as possible for the next Santa Rosa autocross!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Krieger
Lets overwhelm the next Redwood autocross on our day! We have one of the best sites. It is not a sea of cones. Even if you are new to this we have instructors. There are always new people so don't feel intimidated. Get there early so you can walk the course. Redwood Autocross 9/14 biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Krieger @ Aug 13 2013, 05:20 PM) *
Lets overwhelm the next Redwood autocross on our day! We have one of the best sites. It is not a sea of cones. Even if you are new to this we have instructors. There are always new people so don't feel intimidated. Get there early so you can walk the course. Redwood Autocross 9/14 biggrin.gif

idea.gif

Now that i have a set of schlicks again ...
driving.gif
Krieger
Cool! Maybe we could get Mark to come out...The last two events we had 10 and 14 runs.
McMark
sad.gif Out of town. I'll raise a Guinness to you guys though.
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Aug 13 2013, 08:19 PM) *

sad.gif Out of town. I'll raise a Guinness to you guys though.

How about some real beer instead? poke.gif

lol-2.gif
ConeDodger
McMark is about to experience a parts-storm for my 3.2 conversion but I doubt mine will be ready. I may come down with the Z though...
JStroud
I'll be back from my trip by then, if the cars still running good I'll try and make it.
I like the area there, and I've been wanting to race the car again with the new motor and suspension work. Sounds like the perfect day for that. driving.gif

Jeff
Krieger
Cool guys! Rob just bring your PCA card.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Krieger @ Aug 14 2013, 06:14 AM) *

Cool guys! Rob just bring your PCA card.

I always have my PCA card... evilgrin.gif
Mike Bellis
I think I can make it. I almost have all the parts to get my car on the road again. I'm not sure if I'll race it but I can come for moral support. Depends on how well or poor it's moving. It will be a shake down run just to get there... driving.gif New tranny, new axles, new CV's new shift cables, new radiator hose, New something else...
Krieger
Cool Mike! I look forward to seeing you. Both of my car will be there. A good freind of mine will be driving one of mine.
Chris Pincetich
Awesome beerchug.gif
My 914 is light, tight, and ready to fight this weekend for the PCA GGR AX at Alameda.
UNfortunately I'm schedule to work Sat 9/14, co-leading a whale watching trip from Moss Landing http://www.seaturtles.org/article.php?id=2264
sad.gif
biggrin.gif
Trekkor
I have a race that weekend.

I'll get back to PCA autocross one day...

KT
green914
I would love to make it out, but I'm going on the 2013 Lake Tahoe Drive 9/14. I would love to see some 914s come out to Brasher's on 9/7/13 for the Team Autocross Enduro. smile.gif biggrin.gif sunglasses.gif
Krieger
Bump for fun times!
Krieger
Andy, Rob, Jeff and Mike. I hope you guys can still come. I'm bringing both of my cars! I have a good friend that I'm letting drive the one I'm not. Otherwise this event is wide open for us 914s to attend!
SirAndy
QUOTE(Krieger @ Sep 6 2013, 07:00 AM) *
Andy, Rob, Jeff and Mike. I hope you guys can still come. I'm bringing both of my cars! I have a good friend that I'm letting drive the one I'm not. Otherwise this event is wide open for us 914s to attend!

If i get my missing parts in time (should arrive today) then i'm still in ...
driving.gif
Krieger
Cool! What are you missing?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Krieger @ Sep 6 2013, 12:18 PM) *
Cool! What are you missing?

Half of my steering column ...
biggrin.gif
Krieger
blink.gif
Mike Bellis
OK, I'm in for sure. I won't be racing, too many bugs to work out. But I will make an appearance on 9-14.

Car is running pretty good. Just not good enough to hammer down around a track. driving.gif
Krieger
Cool Mike! It will be good to see you.
Krieger
icon_bump.gif
JStroud
Doesn't look like I'm going to make it. Car needs some work, and I won't have time to get it done.
So I'm going to stay home and work on my shop. smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif

Jeff
SirAndy
I'm out ... sad.gif

Got my parts but there is now way i'll have the car ready by tomorrow.
hissyfit.gif
Krieger
Darn. We'll miss seeing you.
Krieger
Two loaded and ready to go! piratenanner.gif Hope to see some of y'all out there.
Mike Bellis
I made the 90 mile drive (each way) to the 9-14 Auto-x. I didn't stay for more than a couple hours but it was good to see the gang and get another shake down run in. The 180+ mile round trip with a detour through San Francisco is officially the longest single drive since getting it running.

Here are some pics...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Krieger
Hey Mike, it was good to see you and thanks for putting up some pictures. Your conversion is really cool and got a lot of attention. With Mike's car there were a total of 7 914s. A good course. Everyone got 11 runs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.