Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Xmas prezzie FOR ME!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave_Darling
I had an opportunity to order Snap-On tools at a healthy discount recently. The tools came in Monday.

I now have a set of 3/8" drive metric sockets, and a set of 1/4" drive metric sockets. As well as one ratchet in each size. And two new deep-offset box-end wrenches (to match the one I already bought for valve adjustments). And a locking 6" extension in 3/8" drive. And a roll pin punch. And a torque wrench, 5-75 lb-ft, to complement my 20-150 (forget the exact range) one. And a few other goodies that I'm forgetting.

Happiness is owning quality tools! smile.gif

--DD
GWN7
You must have been a good boy this year Dave.
biggrin.gif
double-a
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

somebody had to do it.

~a
Carl
Hi Dave,

Cool tools!

Some questions:
When do you move?

When's the housewarming?

Do you have garage space?
d7n7master
... of course you'll wrap the box & put it under the tree, won't you??? Then, you get to shake it, but U can't open it 'til Christmas. Right? slap.gif alfred.gif
URY914
You'll need a big discount to get all that.
Snap-on is IMO not worth the extra $$$.

(But I love to look at their stuff biggrin.gif )

Paul
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Carl @ Dec 8 2004, 04:55 PM)
When do you move?

When's the housewarming?

Do you have garage space?

My "orientation walk-through" is TOMORROW!! The mortgage people are still being buttheads (I'm almost all the way through the procees, but they're still buttheads!) so I'm not sure exactly what is going on there. But if everything works out correctly, I should be getting my keys next week.

I won't be moving in until next year, though. Too much going on, what with the Hawaii trip and all. biggrin.gif I told my landlord that I was moving at the end of January.

Housewarming party will probably be in February, at a guess.

No garage. sad.gif Two spaces (at least side-by-side, not tandem!) in the big under-building parking lot, but I'm sure they won't let me work on anything there. Plus I wouldn't want to leave my tools and parts out for anyone to grab. I'll have to see iffin I can scam up some workspace soon! Hmm, maybe a barn in Milpitas? Or maybe Scotty still has that one space in Paly?

Uhm, anyway! On to the other points/questions raised:

I guess pics will be forthcoming. Next week, though.

I was indeed a good boy this year! Or so I tell myself, who is the one who bought the present. wink.gif

I brought the tools home and started using them the next day. No tree this year; Xmas is going to be relatively low-key and scattered over many days. (My attorney and I don't want to have to schlep lots of stuff we can't use to Oahu and back again, so we're giving presents early or late.)

Oh, and the discount got the prices down to "just a bit over Craftsman" level. smile.gif So now I have top-quality tools (at least a few of them) and didn't have to pay a buttload of money for them.

--DD
bondo
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Dec 9 2004, 03:00 PM)

Oh, and the discount got the prices down to "just a bit over Craftsman" level. smile.gif So now I have top-quality tools (at least a few of them) and didn't have to pay a buttload of money for them.

--DD

Sweet discount! I can't think of a better use for the ecomm site lol2.gif
Root_Werks
One of the few things I actaully did corectly in my life was to buy a bunch of snap on tools while I was working at a Good Year in high school some 14 years ago. I had money back then and have each and every one of those tools today. They are like brand new still. I hammer on them, use them as pry bars ect. They rock. I don't think I could afford a wrench now. laugh.gif
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(double-a @ Dec 8 2004, 04:38 PM)
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

OK, here ya are. I toldja it'd be Monday before I could post any....

The three on the right were ones I already owned, bought without any discount for very specific projects. (Valve adjust for one, Honda transmission fluid change for another, and needing a good torque wrench for the third.) The rest are the new ones.

Forgot to get the roll pin punch and put it in the pic, too. Oh well!

--DD
double-a
yum! drooley.gif there's just nothing like a bunch of shiny tools.

~a
scooter311
Having new tools is just another reason why it's great to be a guy.

smilie_pokal.gif
Scott Carlberg
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Dec 9 2004, 03:00 PM)
(My attorney and I

Hey Dave,
congrats on getting a new place & some new tools.

Out of curiosity, when you and your girlfriend go out, do you introduce her like that....

"this is my attorney"

just wondering DD!

One helluva GREAT year for you huh?
- 914 running again
- an *attorney* to call your own
- new tools
- new house
- did I mention a RUNNING 914? beerchug.gif
Dave_Darling
All in all, I can't complain. There are specific parts that I'm not happy with (e.g., trying to get this whole mortgage thing set up!) but overall it's more than decent.

I do wish the new place had a garage I could work on my cars in!!!

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.