Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Refurbishing 914-4 SS heat exchangers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisReale
I have a set of SS echangers. The wraps are in excellent condition, but a few spots need to be repaired. On one, the flande that bolts into the head has a surface crack in it. Should I trust a local welder, or doesn anyone know of somebody who I could ship them to to have them touched up? Also, the contact surface where the headder meets the muffler could be refinished smooth...Thanks.
Brad Roberts
Dude,

are you on crack ??

SSI c/o Brad Roberts
20 Pamaron Way
Novato, Ca
Bleyseng
Chris, there is only one place to send them to. Brad at SSI where they made the damn things in the first place. If you would've talked to me before I went I could've taken them along to San Francisco with me.
Geoff
ChrisReale
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jan 22 2003, 10:35 AM)
Dude,

are you on crack ??

SSI c/o Brad Roberts
20 Pamaron Way
Novato, Ca

Thanks Brad. :toilet:
Brad Roberts
Sorry for being so harsh.

Please Chris, send them too me so we can fix them for you instead of selling you a new set. LOL

I thought you knew.

B
Dave_Darling
Naaah. You should send it to GHL!! Everyone knows SSI's fall apart, and GHL helps people out by fixing them for free. biggrin.gif

(Oh boy, I bet this gets me a :finger2: from B!!! wink.gif )

--DD
Brad Roberts
Send them to GHL (I'll pay freight) That would be hilarious. It would be the best return they have ever seen...

See Dave, I'm a little different. I enjoy good humor and know when somebody is being funny.

B
ChrisReale
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jan 22 2003, 02:26 PM)
Sorry for being so harsh.

Please Chris, send them too me so we can fix them for you instead of selling you a new set. LOL

I thought you knew.

B

Naw, that alright. I heard you say something about it at JP's but I didn't get the whole picture. I didnt want to spout off about it and be wrong hanged.gif Ill get them packed up and shipped soon as possible. wavey.gif
krk
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jan 22 2003, 02:26 PM)
Naaah. You should send it to GHL!! Everyone knows SSI's fall apart, and GHL helps people out by fixing them for free. biggrin.gif

(Oh boy, I bet this gets me a :finger2: from B!!! wink.gif )

Sheesh. First coffee spew of the afternoon. Thx Dave!

(/me heads off to clean up)

kim.
seanery
I heard that GHL gives Brad free merchandise for running this board, and then he just relables it SSI! wink.gif

JUST KIDDING!

DD's comments just brought that whole ugly thing back in mind.
Man, maybe he was coming off a binge or quit smoking or something?!
That was FUGLY
Jeroen
Speaking in Playboy terms... that was a big "turn off"

But then again, everyone knows SSI's are crap and Brad was spamming to boost his sales biggrin.gif

Cheers,

Jeroen
Brad Roberts
I'm just happy to have a place where we can have fun. I can see NONE of you will get SSI shirts or hats... LOL

B
Bleyseng
Bump the hats and T shirts Brad, I just want a good Stainless muffler that adds about 5 hp.
I should get a T- shirt and a hat after spending all day Saturday laughing at your bad jokes......and watching you drink 10 glasses of ice tea.
Geoff pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif
Brad Roberts
I want the muffler as bad as you do.We are actually talking to the place that supplies SuperTrap with their packing material. I think 5hp should be doable.

B
Jeroen
Are you sure he was drinking was ice tea?
Brad Roberts
Believe it or not...

I havent had a single beer in over 3 weeks. The only time I drink beer is if its FREE. Before that it was 2 weeks or so (JP's gathering)

B
Bleyseng
No one had a beer when we went for lunch, Brad had 10 ice teas, Olav and I had coffee, I can't remember what other guys had. I froze my ass off at SSI, standing around in a cold warehouse trying to get something done. Next time I'll bring some overalls so I can get greasy. yippie!
Geoff
Brad Roberts
Next time, the gas will be on to that large furnace that was on top of the bathroom. I will fire it up. I went to turn it on and found out the gas was off to the building.

B
Mueller
So should I dress up in my winter clothing for my visit tommorow smile.gif
Brad Roberts
No. We will duplicate in the main offices. smash.gif

B
Mueller
sounds good....I'm outta here, time to log off...been in front of the computer too damn long today....
Dave Cawdrey
Fuuuckiiiinnnnaaay, them smiles are nifty. Mines better!
Brad Roberts
Hey man.

How are you ?? Kids and wife doing good ??

Even better than the smilies.. you CAN say Fucking "A"

LOL

Welcome. Glad you could make it.

B
Dave Cawdrey
Yea everyone is well. Wife is getting big, baby due in March.. beerchug.gif

Gonna finish up the trunk tomorrow, sanding/painting.

BTW- those HE are the ones I bought, and fucked it up w/ the wifey blink.gif
Bleyseng
bout time you stepped on over to the dark side.
Jeroen
Hey Korijo,

What took you so long to get here?
Welcome a board!

Cheers,

Jeroen
Brad Roberts
I can only think of few more who are missing. I sent an email to Brad Anders yesterday asking him some questions about some content for this site.

B
Dave Cawdrey
Had now idea, til chris LMK. Thanks chris.

Wazzup Everyone. Nice change of pace... Thanks Brad & others clap56.gif
Brad Roberts
Its the same old stuff, just a bit more relaxed and NO pressure to buy anything. I'm glad Chris and you made it over.

B
ChrisReale
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jan 22 2003, 11:07 PM)
Its the same old stuff, just a bit more relaxed and NO pressure to buy anything. I'm glad Chris and you made it over.

B

Thats worth at least a sticker :finger2:
Brad Roberts
Dont make me dig out the ALL914.com stickers..

We will have some club stickers as soon as we come up with a logo that everyone likes.

B
Dave_Darling
Duplicating? Are you duplicating what I think you are?

Gonna have door prizes for the run on Saturday? I think one copy per entrant would be a Very Nice Thing...

--DD
Brad Roberts
I'm not duplicating anything.. We want a new logo.

B
ChrisReale
Yea, Brad, any idea how much $$ it is to weld up one flange, fix a few seams, and refinish the surface where they meet the muffler? I have some cash coming in from a few jobs, and I want this on the list, besides paying you for that MPS. :toilet:
Dave Cawdrey
Dont forget to pay the guy for those exchangers, Chris wink.gif I heard he's getting pissed off.

No, wait a sec. IIRC, its the guy at the junkyard still pissed bout the backpad and door handles mad.gif
Brad Roberts
Chris,

It will be under 100$. The flanges (new ones) are 10$ apiece. It will take us about 4 hours total to cut the old stuff off and place them in the jigs for the new parts to be installed. I pray we can cut the steel ones off and install the later version stainless.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.