Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: You want to get a good laugh
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
72Signal914
Hey, I don't know how many people go on this site, but I generally go on it to look at cars that I cannot afford and read up on specs. I used to never read the forum stuff at the bottom of the page not until now. Man this is some funny shit what these people are saying. Many are idiotic, pointless, and arrogant. Most are the V8 Muscle gurus that always bash "Eurotrash" and "Ricers". It's funny to read and some of things you read are amazing on how they even came up with some of their facts

Like a guy saying a Lingenfelter Corvette w/ 800+hp can go 0-60 in 1.9 sec laugh.gif laugh.gif (sorry the Daur 962 Porsche is the fastest "street legal" car for 0-60). I think he pulled those numbers out of his ass. People are funny. Just check out some of the more exotic and the domestic Camaros smash.gif , Corvettes, and Rustangs for a good laugh. laugh.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif

www.supercars.net

I'm gonna go read some of this stuff since I like a good laugh
Ferg
Um that "dude" is right about the vette 1.9 to 60, It had cheeter slicks on it. I have the car and driver article to prove it. They raced it against a f18 jet if I remember right... Ferg.
72Signal914
but what daily driving car has slicks on it, they were talking about daily driving cars, not race prepped.

I'm sure it could do 1.9 but not on street tires
Brad Roberts
I had cars in the past (with V8's in them) that did zero to sixty in 2seconds (and less than 60 feet)...with the front wheels in the air. LOL

B
Ferg
It was a daily driven car, totally street legal, and yes, they did cheet and put slicks on for one run, but still pretty impressive. I think that 2.0 second number would be hard for any tire with tread to attain, besides I've seen cars out on the road all the time on slicks, or close to it. Would like to know what that feels like that's for sure, aktion035.gif
Brad Roberts
I used BFG drag radials. 100% street legal. We would drive 45 miles to the track (one way) and back. They where fine. They have good tread on them.

B
Brad Roberts
Dont beleive everything you read... or slam it.

B
Chris H.
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 22 2003, 09:27 AM)
I had cars in the past (with V8's in them) that did zero to sixty in 2seconds (and less than 60 feet)...with the front wheels in the air. LOL

B

I bet that Squareback you posted some pics of was a fast mofo. What was in that thing?
Brad Roberts
Olds 455. It was "quick" but not fast. It needed a high RPM Small block Chevy not that low RPM boat engine that it had.

B
Chris H.
I can't find the pics of that thing. You still have them somewhere Brad?

FrankenSquareback! It kinda looked like a Hot Wheels car with that big v8 sprouting out the middle and custom paint. It was cool looking.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.