Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to NOT make points at home
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
airsix
914 has taken over the garage in the past week (engine out, aprart, etc.). Wife's Accord spent the week in the driveway. Was broken into last night. The little POS not only broke the window, but pried back the door frame leaving a big o'l nasty twisted mess.

I try to be a good person, but I want to find this POdogS and drag him and his father out in street and beat the crap out of them both.

A year ago I wanted to install a security light with x-10 camera to do video capture when triggered. Added up the costs and thought, nahh. Not worth it. Well, the price (cost) just doubled. mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

-Ben M.
Bleyseng
Where in Eastern Washington is there crime? Sorry about the break in. That took the CD player? and did they destroy the dash too?
Geoff
Jenny
Yup, some dipshit broke into Brian's truck last weekend. Coulda taken a mallot to the back glass and popped the window open, but instead he put a hole thru the glass (luckily it was tinted. so the glass is broken, but not all over the car) cracked the dash, tried to pry out the stereo and equalizer, failed miserably, and settled for just taking the face plate WITHOUT THE STEREO! I hope he gets leveled by a semi. It's not even a high end stereo. It may have been one 6 or 7 years ago...

Anyway, got the window replaced for $85, and found a faceplate on ebay for $10. Speedy and cheap recovery. But still... ar15.gif ph34r.gif fighting19.gif

Jen
J P Stein
In my neighbor hood recently a cock-a-roach was
" forceably restrained" by a fella that caught him sealing mail out of a box (punched his lights out biggrin.gif ).

The roach was taken into custody by the fuzz and let go to his parents. In the dead of night, the roach lit the citizen's house on fire a few days later. The family was lucky to escape with their lives.

The turd breath went on the lam, but was apprehended in CA a few weeks later (16 year old kid). He's gonna do time in the big house ....arson & attemped muder....he told friends what he was gonna do. "Bubba" will love (literally) him.

No real point here, I guess. Do what ya gotta do.
Life is full of this shit. Any 2 fools can have kids. Raising them is another story.
Bleyseng
fourteen year olds aren't known for their brain power....
The pros (18 year olds) can get in any car and pop out a CD player and hardly leave a mark!
Geoff
airsix
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ May 22 2003, 09:43 AM)
Where in Eastern Washington is there crime? Sorry about the break in. That took the CD player? and did they destroy the dash too?
Geoff

The Dry Shi... err I mean Tri Cities. Kennewick, Richland, Pasco. Not much big crime, but plenty of juviniles running around like a bunch of wild #*$& coyotees. mad.gif

-Ben M.
Bleyseng
Oh that part of Eastern Wash. Yeah, that is kind of wild over there. I thought maybe you lived in the wheat fields in Grant County. Nice place for a drive thru on a Sunday.
Geoff
jonwatts
Is this just coincidence or a result of the crappy economy?

I would definitely go for the motion sensor light. Even if you don't have the time right now to wire up real cameras, fake cameras would be easy to make (actually I think some places sell fake cameras), and some "THIS AREA UNDER VIDEO SURVEILLANCE" signs would be good too.

And a "This Accord is protected by Smith&Wesson" bumper sticker.
krk
Ben,

Damn sorry to hear it. Seems like a rash of this stuff happening lately. Maybe summer will straighten things out a bit.

kim.
Dman
Years ago, before the ricer revolution my wife bought a new civic si hatchback. About four months later on a hot summer night, five people home all the windows open on the house somone took the car no one heard a thing.

When we got the car back they had stripped everything out of it seats, carpets, wheels a completely pro job. They took the speakers but replaced the grills, took the dash appart to get the stereo and clock :blink:but replaced every thing. There was a box where the seat used to be and steel wheels where alloys once were. The only scratch on the car was put there by the towtruck driver!

We almost lost our a$$ because the insurance company wanted to total the car. (I understand the reasoning for gap ins.)

No real piont just my bad experience.

Another time my dog alerted me to noises out side. I went outside in my underware and found two kids in my truck, I scared them so bad they left their tools and the amplifier they took from the truck before mine! (Imagine a 6'5" very argry nearly naked man and 75lb chow dog.) mad.gif
Mike D.
While we're on the subject...
In my first 3 years in L.A. I had 2 cars stolen. A '74 super beetle and a '77 280Z. The bug turned up totaly stripped in East LA, and had 6 parking tickets on it. The police impound wanted $400. for me to get it back! fighting19.gif I told them to keep it...
The guy who stole the 280z was using it as an everyday driver and was involved in an accident where he was stuck in the middle. He got arrested and went to jail. When I got the car back, I found inside stereos, screwdrivers, a soccer uniform, lambada tapes and a crucifix hanging from the mirror.
The cop told me to put it in the trash, the guy already plead guilty to this and other crimes.
Prbably back on the street by now...

-Mike D.
airsix
> When I got the car back, I found inside stereos, screwdrivers, a soccer uniform, lambada tapes and a crucifix hanging from the mirror.

A crucifix hanging from the mirror. Now that's funny. Aparently he was a God-fearing Christian...theif. blink.gif He must have missed a few sundayschool lessons along the way.

-Ben M.
GWN7
Here is a warning sign for your windows..
markb
I love it!!! Guess you don't mess around up there in the great white north. laugh.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(GWN7 @ May 22 2003, 01:58 PM)
Here is a warning sign for your windows..

that is great! i will put that behind my drivers seat! and ill leave some shell casings on the dash! 50 cal sound good?
GWN7
I'm a law abiding citizen. All my guns are locked up seperate from the ammo.

Unless I happen to be cleaning one at 3:00am

Now the crossbow is another matter. cool.gif

All the bad habits I picked up from hanging around Texans. rolleyes.gif
Aaron Cox
well, all this radio stealing got me thinking....
currently i didnt have locking doors, so i didnt install my center console nor radio or speakers...kept all valuable in the trunks (lockable). now that i have locking doors, and i drive with the top off nearly evryday....how will i keep people from stealing my radio? should i do the razorblade idea? beer3.gif
jonwatts
QUOTE(acox914 @ May 22 2003, 02:58 PM)
how will i keep people from stealing my radio? should i do the razorblade idea? beer3.gif

Uh, how about a good car alarm. Probably end up being a lot cheaper than razorblades after the cops and lawyers get involved.
GWN7
There is now way to prevent someone from ripping you off. I have a CD player in the motorhome with a removable face. I remove the face when the MH is parked and take it with me. That didn't stop some dumb SOB from wreaking half my dash to try and remove it. (He didn't get it)

Best advise is to make sure whatever radio/CD player you put in, you bolt it down securely. Add double nuts to the mounting bracket on the back and to where it attaches to the car.

Most areas have a "Booby Trap law" of some sort, where you can't leave something which might hurt someone if it's left unattended. So wiring a grenade/razzor blades to the back of the radio is out.

Make the thiefs job as hard as possible. Adding a alarm system with a remote pager, so you can sneak up on them while in the act, then :gilloutine:
Aaron Cox
how much does an alarm system cost for a teener? anyone btdt? got keyless entry?
GWN7
Keyless entry requires remote control locks. Unless your going to add those to your car, you don't need that option. Same as command start (standard Trans). You should be able to get a decent alarm for under $200.00
rick 918-S
The other night my son came into our bedroom at 3:00am an said. "mom, I think someone has your cell phone!" She left it in the car! car was unlocked, motion lights from two different directions. A couple of kids went through all the vehicles in the neighborhood. When they found my wifes cell phone they accidently pushed the auto dial for my son's phone and woke him up! They were walking around going through peoples cars and he could hear them talking. We called 911. three squads showed up and started cruising the hood with their lights off. Then a K-9 squad pulled into my driveway. They ran the dog around for about an hour but lost the scent. MAN that was CLOSE! I wish KOOJO would have nailed those guy's!!!
stock93
After being broken into twice I now have a loaded 357 magnum in my bedside table, 12 guage with 4 in the tube and 5 on the side in the gun cabnet on the other side of my bed. I happen to get up and go the bathroom at around 3am one time after that and someone was trying to get in my garage. Needless to say they had a shit stain in their pants from that incident. Never caught the guy but I dont think he has been back since. I also have a special brace for my my garage's aluminum back door. You would have to knock it off the framing to get in now. My dd has two alarms on it. I'm not paranoid....they are out to get me smile.gif

John
rhodyguy
idiot theives, must be huffing the storage tanks at hanford again.

kevin
Joe Ricard
Last year someone stole the stereo out of wifes Explorer. It was unlocked Thought it was a better nieghborhood. Beat up the dash just to take a $100.00 pioneer. My 928 was outside right next to the ford, unlocked and a kickin stereo Never touched it. Must have been scared off. Wanted to go to Pound and get the meanest SOB of a dog but .... Got out voted.
Really sucks to go through life with only 49% of the vote!!!
Anyway Boys 914 was scattered all over the garage. fighting19.gif
Mr.C
I can relate to JPs story. I was up early and noticed the neighbors truck lights flashing. Two shaved head gang thugs were trying to steal it and the dummies were flashing the brights. I ran and got my shotgun and the next thing I know I am five feet away with my gun in the guys face. The guy was so scared he was tripping on his own feet as he ran away. This other dude just ran back to his truck and almost hit my teener as he drove off.

Don't wanna be in that situation again. Could of gotten ugly and put another stain on the street besides the spot my 914 marks.

For the next few days all I could imagine was these baggy pant wearing pussies doing a drive by. Not worth it. Next time I will just hide in the bushes and just blow off a few rounds like the Sherriff neighbor does.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.