Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: dezus fasteners for my front spoiler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
I'm playing around with adding a splitter in the front of my car. How many dezus fasterners should I use on the thing to keep it on at speed on the track? I was thinking 4 or 5....

What material and or location should I weld the hangers/springs?

Anyone have pics? wavey.gif

Thanks,

Bill P.
Brad Roberts
DZUS.

Two out on the very ends.. and two towards the middle.

Sometimes I use 5.. depending on where I mount the front cooler.

B
nine14cats
B, what do you use to hang the fasteners from the car? I've got the new welder from Home Depot to play with....

HPH suggested I buy their '75-'76 fg nose and fastent the spoiler/splitter to that....I was thinking of just getting strips of metal to hang from the car and connecting the spoiler to that, similar to my side skirts...

Bill P.
TimT
I also use 4 dzus fasteners to hold the splitter on.

2 at the ends 2 next to the cooler opening
nine14cats
Tim,

What splitter are you running on your 914? I was going to make my own by adding fg to a low hanging SE air dam...

Maybe someone makes one that I don't have to fabricate...

Thanks,

Bill
TimT
oops I should have been more specific. fighting19.gif

I have the splitter on my 911, i dzused it on so its easier to remove so I can get the car on the trailer more easily,

I have a IMSA front end on my 914
Brad Roberts
Frey racing and several mail order houses (Summit racing) sell a tab plate that has the received portion of the DZUS riveted to it. I buy these and fab from there. You can weld to the plate.. like run a small 1/4 inch tube to it and position it or bend it and rivet it to something.

I highly suggest the 75-76 front end with his air dam. 90% of the SCCA cars run this config. From there it is very easy to mount a splitter.

Like this:

B
seanery
So is that Rich's wife AND girlfriend in that car?! ohmy.gif
Brad Roberts
Actually... you might be correct.

I know his wife is the one closest to him... but the dark haired lady is a X girlfriend.

She is the one leaning up against the 911 in the black and white pic (in his show room).

B
nine14cats
Thanks B,

I'll hit Frey's at lunch next week. Since I already have Bontempi's fg fenders, I might as well get the nose and spoiler to match....although the one he was showing me was more of a shovel nose...I'll have to ask him about the one in the pic....

Hey....UPS just pulled up...my adjustable perches must be here!

Later,

Bill P.
Brad Roberts
Dont get the snow plow... ask for the 75-76 front fiberglass bumper.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.