Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 74 2.0 Orginal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StratPlayer
Went by Ed Andrews shop, he told me he had a car that I should get a look at.. So I went down and this is what he had on the rack.

74 2.0 with 61K orginal miles not 161K.
Still has the orginal tires on it, so I took some shots and here they are.
StratPlayer
StratPlayer
StratPlayer
StratPlayer
StratPlayer
StratPlayer
StratPlayer
Last one, oops looks like I got my finger in the way sorry.
Lawrence
Nice parts car... tongue.gif
Bleyseng
Somebody replace the pushrod tube seals in that car! Kinda of a mess underneath. Nice car!
Geoff
StratPlayer
Well spoken Lawrence
Aaron Cox
nice lookin car....it s purdy! lil bit of an oil leak i'd say! is it for sale? my ride height looks nothing even remotely close to that!
krk
Good look'n car. (thx for the pics!) So 914's came with Perelli P 2000's on them?

kim.
StratPlayer
Push rod seals are being replaced, car never gets driven no wonder the seals go bad, no I don't think this car is for sale.
vortrex
can't imagine those are original tires, didn't 914's come with bias ply tires??
Aaron Cox
okay...assuming it was for sale...how much would a low miles car like that sell for? totally unmolested conditon, no rust and all? how much would that fetch? 8k?
StratPlayer
I'm not sure, this is what the owner of the shop told me, that these are the orginal tires that came with the car.
JeffBowlsby
Well if it was an LE...I shudder to think what it might go for...original car...original paint...lo miles....14-15K Maybe?

But alas...its only a standard 914...its looks like 8K car to me... biggrin.gif laugh.gif cool.gif rolleyes.gif ohmy.gif wink.gif tongue.gif unsure.gif
tod914
Looks nice - Is that sunflower yellow? Be curious what the owner would want for it, if he/she were to sell it.
seanery
you like those original ones dont you?
kafermeister
QUOTE(vortrex @ May 22 2003, 06:55 PM)
can't imagine those are original tires, didn't 914's come with bias ply tires??

My '71, my old '75, and the '76 I used for parts all came with Dunop SP's from the factory. I have two original spares with the original tires on them if anyone wants the specific model and size tire, I can check.

Rick
tod914
thats what my 75 has on its spare rim, a dunlop. I think on tires you can verify the year they are made.
If im not mistaken the last year digit is on there somewhere. 1974 would have just a 4 and the rest of the code numbering on it. so you wouldnt know if it was 74 or 84 unless u researched when that tire was produced. I vaugely remember some1 pointing that out to me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.