Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lessee yer big, flared rear ends
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scooter311
Not too terribly important, but I was wondering what those of you who have have flares' cars look like from behind and how well your wheels/tires fit. I have flares and 7 inch cookies with 225/50s and they appear to sit way out, but still don't fill the space right (to me at least) and they're spaced out 1/4 inch.
I'd like to see what y'all got goin on over yonder!

smile.gif

(I had to edit the post to say I had flares 'cause I'm a doofus and forgot to mention it)
Mueller
most people run 8's or 9's on the rear.....you could almost fit cookie cutters on a car with no flares if you pull the fenders out a bit..time for wider rims or 1" larger spacers smile.gif
i love porsche
heres my sorry behind

well..its further along than this, but its what i got
Root_Werks
Here is sort of a shot of my butt. I have since lowered the car and put 1" spacers on the rear with 16x8" fuchs. 225/50/16's in the rear. bootyshake.gif
Ferg
From the WCC, Deckers car I believe...
SteveSr
Not to highjack the thread or anything(sorry) but what happens to the rear control arms when you start putting wider rims and spacers on??? confused24.gif

SteveSr
Series9
9x17 w/ 255/40-17s.
DougC
I thought I had a better picture of mine, but I guess not.. Those are 245s on 15" X8" Fuchs..

Doug C
Allan
Posted this awhile back. Not my car but looks cool.
MJHanna
sherdain wide
MJHanna
you can fit the same size tire as this, which is a 14
scooter311
Wow these are all only confirming what I'zza been suspectin' - that I need 8s or 9sin the back!

Crap.

Hey RS that's the look I want someday - same wheels. What offsets?

Hey Root any shots after the spacers?

The 8inch Fuchs have a nice stance as well.

I wish I could find a set of either of those, even crappy that I could clean up. I have to sell my existing set (polished cookies, 7's) first though, and start looking after taxes come in. I can get a set of 4 BBS 8s with gold webbing still in boxes for 400 bucks, or a set of 4 Fuchs, still in boxes too for the same price, only the fronts are 6s and the backs are 7s, IIRC..... I would've jumped on the Fuchs, but I want them to be wider to fill the flares. Didn't like the BBs's - too 'old school' I guess. Sigh.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(scooter311 @ Dec 9 2004, 01:45 PM)

Hey Root any shots after the spacers?

The 8inch Fuchs have a nice stance as well.

Well, since I busted an exhaust stud last night, my 914 is back on jackstands. But yeah, I want to post pics of the new lower/wider Root 914-6. The look with stock fuchs is really nice. Give me a few days and I will plaster some pics up. biggrin.gif
bondo
QUOTE(scooter311 @ Dec 9 2004, 02:45 PM)
I have to sell my existing set (polished cookies, 7's) first though

Full polish or just the rim? How much for the set? Any pics? smile.gif
Series9
QUOTE(scooter311 @ Dec 9 2004, 02:45 PM)

Hey RS that's the look I want someday - same wheels. What offsets?

These are factory 993 Cup II wheels in the -53.3 offset. I'm running 100mm studs all around with 42mm (2x21mm from early 944 rear) spacers and steel lug nuts.
URY914
very nice...
URY914
xxx
URY914
Brad's ass...
URY914
Walt Mass...
soloracer
Here's my fat ass.........315/35's on what I believe are 17x12's
boxstr
JLO with 325X45x12X17 and the red car is the V8.
CCLINBIGBUTT
Mountain914
Well, I always have to jump in on the big butt posts.

Front: 205/40 ZR17's (no flares)
Rear: 275/40 ZR17's (steel flares)
scooter311
Wow
Wow
Wow
Big flares, big wheels
Nice

I noticed that most of these cars have big enjins in 'em, and can push those big tires - what about a pipsqueek 2056? Would you notice anything different in everyday driving with big wide rubbah? Or is it not worth worrying about? cool.gif
Kerrys914
Dem are some Big A$$'s... ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

I have flares on my car with 7" cookies and run a 1 1/2" ( IIRC) spacer on the rear.

I'll take a photo tonight
jdogg
Mountain-
Any more pics? Are those custom made flares? Looks great!!
scooter311
Thanks Kerry!
Mountain914
QUOTE(jdogg @ Dec 10 2004, 07:26 AM)
Mountain-
Any more pics? Are those custom made flares? Looks great!!

Quite a few pics at my home page
http://members.rennlist.com/mountain914
Yes, custom flares.
Thank you !!
VegasRacer
I've got almost 1/2" of room on this side but less than 1/4" to spare on the other side. I am running 225 - 50 - 16's on 8" rims. The flares are factory steel so I really don't want to roll the lip on them. These Toyo's are wider than the same size Goodyears they replaced. Next time I may shop around and see if I can find some 245's that will fit.

BTW - I really like these Toyo T1-S. I can't imagine that a few more millimeters is gonna feel much better. I doubt I will change brands unless I can be convinced something else will work as well. I'm not gonna give up preformance for a cosmetic improvement on some lesser 245's.
SirAndy
QUOTE(scooter311 @ Dec 9 2004, 07:59 AM)
I have flares and 7 inch cookies with 225/50s and they appear to sit way out, but still don't fill the space right (to me at least) and they're spaced out 1/4 inch.

GT flares, 7" cookies with 225/50 tires and 1 1/2" spacers in the back ...
the flare lip is shaved and i can't put a finger between the flare and the tire, but no rubbing.

IPB Image
scooter311
Heya Andy, where did you get the spacers, and how much $$?

Ooo yeah, your spoiler - do tell, it doesn't hang over the trunk sides, therefore eliminating 'those unsightly scuff marks' on your quarterpanel tops, like the ones I have on mine, that I noticed shortly after my repaint.cool.gif

I llike your car, que bello wub.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(scooter311 @ Dec 10 2004, 12:19 PM)
Heya Andy, where did you get the spacers, and how much $$?

i believe that was performance products ...

they are the bolt on type (5 on 5, no adapters) and they come in different thickness.
1 1/2" works perfect in the rear for the 7" cookies.
in the front, i used a 1" spacer (also bolt on) plus a 1/4" thin spacer, so 1 1/4" total in the front.

i run 225/50 on 7" cookies all around.

as for the spoiler, you said it already, cut in the middle and re-glassed.
much nicer than the "hanging over the fender and scratch it up bad" types ...

wink.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.