Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.7L F.I. on a 2.0??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
aylanco
Will the Fuel Injection from the 1.7 that came with my car work on the 2.0 with carbs that was transplanted into my car?

The carbs work alright but not great and I would like to go with F.I.
John
I think it might work, but....

The fuel delivery will be off as it would be calibrated for the 1.7 and not the 2.0. Because of this the car will probably run hotter (leaner). May not be a good thing for a Type IV.

The heads are different and you will need to adapt the runners to the 2.0 heads somehow or obtain 2.0 runners.

The pressure sensor was calibrated for the 1.7 and this may be your biggest problem (but I'm not sure about this one).

After all the farting around that you will undoubtedly will end up doing, it would probably be easier to just obtain a 2.0 fuel injection system.

I don't mean to discourage, I'm just giving my free advice.
Joe Ricard
agree.gif
You need 2.0L injectors (more fuel flow) MPS can be recalibrated WITH THE RIGHT INSTRUMENTS
Runners are different ID the 1.7L are smaller
the throttle body is smaller
The computor may work ?????

So yes you can do it but it will be a major pain inthe ass and only have marginal results.
Mueller
The motor I have right now (a 1.8) was running 1.7 injection with 1.7 injectors with a "tweaked" MPS......last week I installed 2.0 injectors with a stock unmolested MPS (1.7) and it seems to be running fine, I have yet to hook up my O2 sensor to get any air/fuel readings.
What year 1.7 FI is it? the wiring harness may be different as well depending on the year.
Jeff Bonanno
Seb,

must read website for D-Jet:

Brad Anders Site

jbb
aylanco
Think I'll just hold out for a good 2.0 FI smilie_pokal.gif
Dave_Darling
Do you know which cam is in your 2.0? If it's not the stock cam, it'll be tough to make any flavor of D-jetronic FI work well on the motor. If it's any more aggressive than the Web #73 grind, it'll be practically impossible...

--DD
DJsRepS
Assuming the cam is OEM for a 2.0 like Dave said you would need a set of 2.0 injectors and MPS sensor off known good runner or get the 1.7 MPS recalabrated to work. I like my OEM 1.7 Djet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.