Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey Shea
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Toast
You, your dad, and a 914-6. first.gif
Jeff Hail
and I thought that was Janae Noonan.
76-914
He's becoming quite popular. I saw his picture on the Post Office wall just yesterday. biggrin.gif
brant
Very cool Eric
6freak
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 20 2013, 06:52 AM) *

He's becoming quite popular. I saw his picture on the Post Office wall just yesterday. biggrin.gif

and his phone # sheeplove.gif on a bathroom stall av-943.gif

biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
Yup. Great father/son trip. Took my 84 year old father to Parade. We did the concours then We lead two of the NW Lake Michigan Tours.

My opening line to my tour groups was "Today you're all going to be following a VW through the backroads of Michigan driven by a guy from Utah... you're screwed!"

Then we took the rig home. Here's Pop's enjoying a brew for lunch along the Mississippi River at the Front Street Brewery in Davenport, IA

IPB Image
bulitt
beerchug.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Rleog
I was born and raised in Ludington. The TC area offers great touring, perfect for that VW.
t collins
beerchug.gif Cheers to both of you!

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 20 2013, 07:56 AM) *

Yup. Great father/son trip. Took my 84 year old father to Parade. We did the concours then We lead two of the NW Lake Michigan Tours.

My opening line to my tour groups was "Today you're all going to be following a VW through the backroads of Michigan driven by a guy from Utah... you're screwed!"

Then we took the rig home. Here's Pop's enjoying a brew for lunch along the Mississippi River at the Front Street Brewery in Davenport, IA

IPB Image

914werke
Lets see a picture of your Dad!
Rleog
No finer pic than the one Eric posted. I often dislike cliche's, but looking at that pic, "Life is good!"
montoya 73 2.0
awesome Eric! thumb3d.gif Not many things better than you and the old man having a beer, talking about cars and life in general!!!
Cairo94507
You are a lucky man to be able to share your passion with your father. Looks like a perfect day to me. first.gif
bulitt
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Aug 20 2013, 03:40 PM) *

Lets see a picture of your Dad!

lol-2.gif
Hawk
Here ya go, Traverse City, pre concours day
TJB/914
More
r_towle
Great memory.
Wish my dad was still around, enjoy yours while you can.

ConeDodger
beerchug.gif I am so glad you got to enjoy this time with your Dad E, You are a great son...
r_towle
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 20 2013, 10:37 PM) *

You are a great son...

Don't get carried away....it's still Eric
TJB/914
Eric,
One more for you "Dad" file.
Tom
orthobiz
Also Tom and his silver 4!

Paul
TC 914-8
Right On Eric and Pop !!!!!
Great memories !!!! first.gif
Pat Garvey
You absolutely rock Eric!
Pat
Jeff Hail
One proud and cool Pop!
Eric_Shea
Wow... there's some pictures I didn't have. Talk about bringing a tear to my eye this morning. Thanks Gents!

We lost Mom a few years back to Parkinson's and Dad's now slipping into the golden years. A stroke took his short term memory and we're now beginning to see signs of dementia. I've been trying to spend some quality time with him when, where and while I can. I took him to Brazil last year and he had the time of his life. At 83 he still enjoyed the "scenery" at the beach! LOL

Thanks again to Pete Stout for throwing a little pub. out there. Dad was really happy to see his picture in the book. We had a great time.

And special thanks to my friends Richard and Tom. I'd like to go into details in another thread before too much time passes but, suffice to say; Z saved my butt at Parade and proves the bond that silly car nuts have for one another and Bliz was amazing with his goodies and the drive together and pictures that I'll always treasure.

Paul, next time... try not to mangle your face and miss all the fun!! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.