Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RRC2013: Flagstaff-Durango Caravan
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThinAir
Slits is coming through Flagstaff and I've heard that Elliott is as well (and maybe Vegas Racer since I guess there is a lunch date with Elliott for a Badger Burger in Seligman).

So who else is coming through Flagstaff?

My son Mike & I are leaving for Durango on Friday morning at about 8 a.m. We figure 6 hours to Durango so with the time change that puts us in at about 3 p.m. local time.

Who's coming along with us? driving.gif
Elliot Cannon
There should be a bunch of us in Flagstaff. See you then.
michael7810
I'm in. Where and when? Not sure if I'm driving from Camp Verde or Phoenix.
VegasRacer
Both Elliot and I are staying at motels on Lucky Lane (Butler exit).
I think Wills said he was interested in a caravan too.
ThinAir
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Aug 20 2013, 04:20 AM) *

I'm in. Where and when? Not sure if I'm driving from Camp Verde or Phoenix.

When is in the first post. I sent you the where in a PM - you can meet up at my house.
ejm
We'll be coming down from Kanab and could join the caravan in Kayenta
MoveQik
QUOTE(ejm @ Aug 20 2013, 04:53 PM) *

Kayenta?? It is going to be tough to find you there with all they have going on. laugh.gif

I am going to take the long way to Flagstaff on Thursday....Payson, Pine, Strawberry then through Oak Creek Canyon. driving.gif

I'll be ready when you guys are on Friday. beerchug.gif
ejm
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Aug 20 2013, 08:46 PM) *

QUOTE(ejm @ Aug 20 2013, 04:53 PM) *

Kayenta?? It is going to be tough to find you there with all they have going on. laugh.gif

We'll be at the liquor store picking up supplies rolleyes.gif
ThinAir
Good luck finding a liquor store in Kayenta. Alcohol sales are illegal on the Navajo reservation. We can stop at Liquid Assets in Cortez on the way.
ThinAir
So what time do folks expect to be in Flagstaff on Thursday?

The plan is to leave Friday morning, 8:00 a.m. from my place.

4891 E Half moon Drive (https://maps.google.com/?num=10)

928dot853dot7754 if you need to contact me.
SLITS
I won't be in till probably 8+ PM.
michael7810
I'll meet at Ernie's house at 8AM Friday, I'll be at Macy's coffee shop on Butler St at 7AM.
Sleepin
I'll jump in the caravan with you in Durango.
MoveQik
Well, it looks like I am not going to be able to make it......until Friday morning. smile.gif It is too damn hot to leave here Thursday afternoon so I will hit the road at dark:30 on Friday morning. I mapquested it and it says 5 hours from Flag to Durango. I say we go foot down and make it 4. I wanna see all my good friends in Durango. beerchug.gif
ThinAir
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Sep 4 2013, 03:38 PM) *

Well, it looks like I am not going to be able to make it......until Friday morning. smile.gif It is too damn hot to leave here Thursday afternoon so I will hit the road at dark:30 on Friday morning. I mapquested it and it says 5 hours from Flag to Durango. I say we go foot down and make it 4. I wanna see all my good friends in Durango. beerchug.gif

Speeds are a little slower on US 160 than we're used to due to the Page detour. DPS is watching it pretty closely these days - cars and planes - so we can't rush too much.
ejm
QUOTE(ThinAir @ Sep 4 2013, 06:42 PM) *

Speeds are a little slower on US 160 than we're used to due to the Page detour. DPS is watching it pretty closely these days - cars and planes - so we can't rush too much.

What Page detour? I was planning to take 89 from Kanab thru Page to 98 down to 160
MoveQik
QUOTE(ejm @ Sep 4 2013, 08:26 PM) *

What Page detour? I was planning to take 89 from Kanab thru Page to 98 down to 160

I forgot about it. They had a little sinkhole issue....

Check this:

US89
AZ914
QUOTE(ejm @ Sep 4 2013, 08:26 PM) *

The detour works in your favor.. It dumps you out on 160 about 30 miles east of the 89.
MoveQik
Hey guys, I think I am going to head up via Payson/Gallup/Farmington. It is a little closer from my house and more importantly, it gets me up into cooler weather more quickly. I am leaving mi casa at 5:30 so I'll see all of you in Durango. Drive safe! driving.gif
michael7810
Mike - I couldn't get out of work early so I'm leaving in the morning. Wanna meet on SR 87 & Shea at 6AM-ish? My cell number is 48o 721 ooo3
michael7810
Hey Flagstaff crew. I'm headed up with Wills, see you in Durango
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.