Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 9th Annual All Air Cooled Gathering
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum
dcheek
It's that time of the year again!

The Central Jersey VW Society is having its 9th annual "All Air Cooled Gathering" in Flanders NJ on Sunday September 22th, 2013. As in the the past I'm inviting all 914 owners to show their pride and joy. Last year we had over 300 air cooled cars (mostly VW's with the exception of a few 914's, 911's and 356's). The venue is really unique in that its held at a private German Social Club with a beautiful full grass soccer field (actually several fields) along with German food and beer on tap. Yes, I did say beer is being served at the "club house" bar. This is a charity event where a portion of the proceeds will help Operation Jersey Cares, an organization that provides support and care for current and past NJ Combat Veterans. There will also be some parts vendors (mostly VW) and prizes being raffled to raise money along with a DJ for music entertainment. Also this year "Dyno Don" from California will MC the event. For those that don't know, he is California's popular VW personality. This is truly a family event with activities and contest for kids as well a adults.

The awards this year will be limited edition Lunch Boxes imprinted with a design reminiscent of the old VW ads of the 50's and '60's. We are going 3 deep in each class. Since the Air Cooled Porsche turnout has been light in the past we usually group all Porsches into one class. Yes, I know, it's not fair to put 356's with 911's with 914's but, we reserve the right to alter the classes depending on the total number of cars per class. Hey, want a separate class for 914's ? Then give me a reason - show up in big numbers!

Now before you get your Q-tips all fired up, I want to stress that this is real low key event with a very unstructured judging protocol (I'm the Porsche judge). We want this event to be fun for the whole family and consider it perfect for those who are looking for a nice day out, German beer and food and to help out with a good cause.

Here is the Website with directions, previous show pictures and listing of the day's events:

http://www.allaircooledgathering.com

Any questions you can e mail me personally at:

dmcdavey@aol.com

Hope to see you there! Let's have a big Porsche turnout!

Dave
dcheek
Who's bringing their 914? Chime in please.

Dave
dcheek
I'm happy to report that the ninth annual All Air Cooled Gathering was a record turnout for Porsches. A total of 19 Porsches ranging from 50's 356's to 993 911's made it on Sunday which turned out to be a beautiful sunny autumn day. While our total show count was down, we had 241 cars attend. This was quite surprising considering the dismal weather forecast for the weekend. Once again a 914 was the first place winner. Congratulations Len Coloccia with his beautiful low mileage red '74 914.

I would like to thank all the Porsche owners coming out for a day of car show fun and to help a good cause- our troops serving both abroad and at home

Here's a list of the Porsche Class winners:

Len Coloccia ’74 Porsche 914
Lake Underwood ’57 Porsche Speedster
Steve Raiteri ’71 Porsche 911E

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.