Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS - Yellow 73 2.0L - SOLD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
GaroldShaffer
FS - I picked up this 914 as a non running car last year from member here. The PO swapped out the 1.7L with 2.0 and tried running a mega squirt system. He had issues with the engine and sold off the mega squirt system.

That engine had other issues so I had it swapped out for a good running 2.0L from a 74. This car has no major rust issues, the battery tray had issues and I had it replaced by 914LTD. The longs are nice and solid, as are the pans, firewall and rear trunk. This car had AC sometime during its life so the front trunk was cut. A PO has placed a tray in there to cover the hole. I do have a used front trunk pan that will come with the car. The interior is in nice condition, seats, back pad, center arm rest have no rips or holes. The dash has one crack above the ashtray. Carpets show some wear. There is no radio, but car has working power antenna.

Car has a front sway bar (no rear), KYB shocks, fuchs rims (only 4, spare is a steelie). Paint is a re-spray that has faded and has some checking. I did not find any past crash damage. Four new Falcon tires with less than 500 miles. New PMB rear brake calipers installed. Overall it is a good driver. Asking $7000 OBO. PM, email or you can call me at 219-730-9205 BEFORE 9pm CST please.

SOLD
GaroldShaffer
The trunks & interior
GaroldShaffer
Engine & pan & misc

Evil914
This looks like a pretty good car to start with.I'd drive it. piratenanner.gif
Chris H.
I've seen this one. It's a nice car and worth the money, especially if you like survivor cars. It hasn't been molested and has that slight patina of an older car but it's not worn out. Love the center pad in the same pattern as the seats. Once the slightly meatier tires are installed it will look even better.
Evil914
Me to Wife "That would look great parked next to my Yellow GT and I could drive it every day". Wife to me " lol-2.gif Right!!!" Me sad.gif
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif
914ltd
I drove this car last week, other than glazed brake rotors which Garold is redoing this week, this is a very nice driver. Strong and smooth running, shifts great and VERY solid underside, where you should always look first when shopping a 914. A definite "thumbs up" car. Brad
porboy
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Aug 20 2013, 07:55 PM) *

FS - I picked up this 914 as a non running car last year from member here. The PO swapped out the 1.7L with 2.0 and tried running a mega squirt system. He had issues with the engine and sold off the mega squirt system.

That engine had other issues so I had it swapped out for a good running 2.0L from a 74. This car has no major rust issues, the battery tray had issues and I had it replaced by 914LTD. The longs are nice and solid, as are the pans, firewall and rear trunk. This car had AC sometime during its life so the front trunk was cut. A PO has placed a tray in there to cover the hole. I do have a used front trunk pan that will come with the car. The interior is in nice condition, seats, back pad, center arm rest have no rips or holes. The dash has one crack above the ashtray. Carpets show some wear. There is no radio, but car has working power antenna.

Car has a front sway bar (no rear), KYB shocks, fuchs rims (only 4, spare is a steelie). Paint is a re-spray that has faded and has some checking. I did not find any past crash damage. Four new Falcon tires with less than 500 miles. New PMB rear brake calipers installed. Overall it is a good driver. Asking $7250 OBO. PM, email or you can call me at 219-730-9205 BEFORE 9pm CST please.

Can you sell me just the front trunk pan? How much?
Rick rickb@capcom.com
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif *****I will have this car with me at the VW / Porsche this weekend in Cincinnati.*****************
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.