Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 Clutch cable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stuartgto
What is the correct way to position the clutch cable as it exits the body and meets the clutch pulley on a rear shifter? My current cable was routed in an "S" figure and above the heat exchangers because the cable is too long to go straight to the pulley. Hence the jacket is melted, but the cable still works. How much difference is there between a clutch cable for a side vs. a rear shifter? Routing it in an S curve, makes the cable rub the cable fitting before it meets the pulley.

Thanks
toolguy
like this. .
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(stuartgto @ Aug 20 2013, 09:19 PM) *

What is the correct way to position the clutch cable as it exits the body and meets the clutch pulley on a rear shifter? My current cable was routed in an "S" figure and above the heat exchangers because the cable is too long to go straight to the pulley. Hence the jacket is melted, but the cable still works. How much difference is there between a clutch cable for a side vs. a rear shifter? Routing it in an S curve, makes the cable rub the cable fitting before it meets the pulley.

Thanks

Side shifter and tail shifter clutch cables are all the same. The bowden cable needs to have a curve in it to work properly.

The Cap'n
stuartgto
QUOTE(toolguy @ Aug 20 2013, 10:30 PM) *

like this. .

Thanks guys. Great picture. Just what I wanted.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.