Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 body
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
trcarrera
Im building a 914-6 out of my 914-4. I have a ultimate 914 wide body coming. SO I need to take off the 914-4 body how should I go about that. And web pages or tips would be great.

Thanks,
Theron
vortrex
it's a unibody. get out the sawzall!
trcarrera
I know its a unibody but is there any info about take the body parts off besides "get out the sawzall!"

HAHAHH,
Theron
McMark
Everything is welded together. You just cut where you need to. Usually that means holding the new panels in place, marking lines and cutting away the unnecessary metal. For the most part you're going into uncharted territory. There's no guide book for what you're trying to do. The kit you're buying will attach, in some manner, to the existing body. So you'll probably end up leaving and inch or two of each fender to attach the fiberglass panels to.

confused24.gif

Does this kit's manufacturer have a web page?
ChrisFoley
You should probably talk directly to Roger Sheridan for a good answer to that question. I assume you are using this as a street car, not a race car and want the body mounted more-or-less permanently.
Kerrys914
my $.02

I would cut and remove only the amount of panels needed to get a proper fit and clearance for wheels or ?

Best of luck and post some photos
trcarrera
Thanks for the info. some one asked if this kit's manufacturer had a web page?. This is it http://www.ultimate914.com/MOTORSPORTS_WE/...idan_Motox.html Im getting the wide body..

Thanks,
Theron
IronHillRestorations
A word of caution, most fiberglass companies consider all parts produced to be "racing parts". So if you do not end up with concours fit and finish, do not be surprised. I have no experience with Sheridan's stuff, and I've heard good things about what they make, but again every car photographed on their page is a race car.
URY914
Are you planning on 'glassing the new panels to the body or making them removeable?

Paul
Root_Werks
QUOTE(URY914 @ Dec 10 2004, 07:05 AM)
Are you planning on 'glassing the new panels to the body or making them removeable?

Paul

Yeah, what he asked. smile.gif It makes a big difference if you want to bond and blend or just fasten them on with fasteners like a race car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.