Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Day 400 of the "Tune up"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jesco Reient
OK so Day 400 was a good day, Engine Break-in Ran at 2500 RPM for 25 minutes, allowed it to cool. Then took a breaker bar and turned it over for feel, perfectly smooth. Very Happy. Used IDF 40 carburetors for the break in, next installing the D-Jet then drive. driving.gif

So for those that don't know why I call this the "Tune Up", that is what it started as after being in storage for ten years, I was going to sort out the FI, install new plugs, and drive it driving.gif

But the issues started mounting to the point, that the tune up required pulling the cylinders, then splitting the case, then an align bore was indicated as mandatory. I started looking around for who to align bore the case and did not like the looks of what I saw. After much soul searching I decided to build the tooling necessary to align bore the case. My primary background throughout my career was overhaul of racing Rolls Royce V-12 engines and also Racing Curtiss Wright 18 cylinder radial engines. Both of these endeavors required fixture and tooling design and build, so moving forward I have now align bored the engine and had a successful break in, so for today the feeling is Yay! the 914 is breathing again, and soon my wife will be able to enjoy her car.
jbyron
Awesome! Keep the updates coming.
Dave_Darling
After working on those monsters, I bet the Type IV was cake!

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.