Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Orange Plaid
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
shandyhaggis
Hi all

Im hoping you guys can help me out.

Im rebuilding a 1976 2.0 914 I imported from the US and currently refurbing and retrimming the interior. The original interior is orange plaid and vinyl.

I purchased a couple of meters or reproduction material from AA and when it arrive it just looked the wrong shade of orange. It looks peachy and light orange rather than a vibrant deep orange like my original seats are (well the non faded bits at least). AA are claiming the material supplied is correct factory spec and I just cant see how it can be.

IPB Image

Can someone comment on this please?

For info I also asked SMS for a sample and it is the same as the material from AA so either AA get the material from the same supplier as SMS and its the wrong colour or my seats are not correct.

Help!! :-)

Many Thanks

Andrew
JeffBowlsby
Its the brighter orange:

shandyhaggis
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Aug 23 2013, 08:41 AM) *

Its the brighter orange:

thanks Jeff yes the seat in the picture looks the same as mine the material I have from AA isnt anything like it or anything like the ones on the chart.

Thanks

Andrew
orthobiz
Seat fabric is close to Nepal Orange.

Paul
orthobiz
IPB Image
RRietman
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Sep 2 2013, 05:07 AM) *

IPB Image

I'm interested in a source for the deep orange tartan as well. anybody have any info?
Thanks
Randy
orthobiz
Maybe someone can weave it for you.

http://www.thescottishweaver.com/weavetoorder.html

I can supply a few more pics if that would be helpful.

Paul
914Sixer
Check on theSamba.com This is a VW site. A lot of the VW Bus colors appear to be the same or very close.
shandyhaggis
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Sep 2 2013, 06:14 PM) *

Maybe someone can weave it for you.

http://www.thescottishweaver.com/weavetoorder.html

I can supply a few more pics if that would be helpful.

Paul

Thanks Paul

Ive a few options in the UK as well. Its just a case of getting the tartan woven with the right materials as a pure wool weave would bobble over time.

I will have a look at the option though as i think its the best way to get something that is accurate.

Andrew
shandyhaggis
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Sep 4 2013, 04:59 PM) *

Check on theSamba.com This is a VW site. A lot of the VW Bus colors appear to be the same or very close.

ok thanks Mark Ill take a look

thanks

Andrew
shandyhaggis
QUOTE(shandyhaggis @ Sep 5 2013, 11:45 PM) *

thanks

Andrew

Hi all

Ive been battling this one for 6 months now. Auto Atlanta agreed that the fabric wasnt the correct colour and agreed to have it remade. I supplied a sample of mine to them to pass on to the supplier. The supplier is SMS. Ive been in contact every week with SMS and constantly told that its made, in the post, being shipped this week, or some other excuse. Now they dont return my emails.

Im in the UK and its almost impossible to get any satisfaction. Has anyone any dealings with SMS?

Any advise on how to get this to some sort of conclusion? I understand my consumer rights in the UK, not sure how I can do anything with this apart from keep sending emails and hope :-)

Thanks

Andrew
mepstein
QUOTE(shandyhaggis @ Apr 18 2014, 04:23 AM) *

thanks

Andrew

Hi all

Ive been battling this one for 6 months now. Auto Atlanta agreed that the fabric wasnt the correct colour and agreed to have it remade. I supplied a sample of mine to them to pass on to the supplier. The supplier is SMS. Ive been in contact every week with SMS and constantly told that its made, in the post, being shipped this week, or some other excuse. Now they dont return my emails.

Im in the UK and its almost impossible to get any satisfaction. Has anyone any dealings with SMS?

Any advise on how to get this to some sort of conclusion? I understand my consumer rights in the UK, not sure how I can do anything with this apart from keep sending emails and hope :-)

Thanks

Andrew

If you paid with a credit card, contact them for help.
shandyhaggis
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 18 2014, 01:30 AM) *

QUOTE(shandyhaggis @ Apr 18 2014, 04:23 AM) *

thanks

Andrew

Hi all

Thanks

Andrew

If you paid with a credit card, contact them for help.

Good idea, sadly I paid with a debit card. Lesson learned there I think. Ive just called and left a message.

Does anyone know an alternate supplier of the orange plaid? I could try somewhere else and let Auto Atlanta sort out a refund with SMS.

Thanks

Andrew
Ferg
Call these guys. They are excellent to deal with.

http://www.autobahninteriors.com/home-page
shandyhaggis
QUOTE(Ferg @ Apr 18 2014, 12:53 PM) *

Call these guys. They are excellent to deal with.

http://www.autobahninteriors.com/home-page

Thank you.

AA have contacted me to say its being shipped to them and therefore it should be with me shortly. Ive had that one a couple of times so Ill give it a few days.

Still I can drop these guys a line in the meantime.

thanks again

Andrew
shandyhaggis
Morning

its taken 9 months to get the right cloth... it arrived and I have to admit to having a mini celebration... much much better.

IPB Image

There is a run in the fabric Im hoping to be able to work around, fingers crossed I dont want to wait another 9 months.

Back on the sewing machine! Thanks for your help in the mean time.

I just need to figure out how to keep a steady hand to finish the cloth/foam combo.... dont want to make any mistakes!

thanks

A
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.