Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Designer of the 914 fuel delivery system must been a "The Graduate" fan
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JawjaPorsche
I guess the person who designed our 914's fuel delivery system must have watched the movie, The Graduate.

When they designed the 914. I am sure they thought the 914 was a disposable car and after 10 years it would probably be on the way to the crusher or junkyard. Little did they know that after 40 years, many are still running. But only after replacing some items that were not designed to last.

I replaced my tunnel fuel lines yesterday with new ones from Tangerine Racing. When I pulled the old lines out of the tunnel, I was shocked to see that about 18 inches of the line was steel. Why didn't they just go with all steel or all plastic? Was the savings that significant?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSxihhBzCjk
SLITS
They did go with all plastic on '75 - '76 cars and the same size supply and return.
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Aug 23 2013, 09:16 AM) *

".....When they designed the 914. I am sure they thought the 914 was a disposable car and after 10 years it would probably be on the way to the crusher or junkyard. Little did they know that after 40 years, many are still running. ...."?

You are correct in that thinking, and we sure fooled them, didn't we? biggrin.gif

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.