Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finally Fired up the 350
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete
Got the fittings from Jags on the Run and hooked up the radiator and everything else. My first time setting up and starting an engine outside of a car. So happy it started and actually sounds pretty good. Hopefully this milestone will motivate me to work on my 914 now. biggrin.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c03Dhq4FOKI
Chris H.
SWEET sounding 350! I bet that thing was LOUD!
jimkelly
nice vid

don't use 1st gear - it is cantilevered in trans.

nice stand ; )

pete
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Aug 23 2013, 03:42 PM) *

SWEET sounding 350! I bet that thing was LOUD!

Sounds awesome!
Spoke
Nice setup. Very impressive.

Engine sounds good too. I ran my T4 w/o a muffler at first start-up. Friends 1/2 mile away heard the engine.
bulitt
Are those Renegade headers?
speed metal army
When you go for your first rip in the car with that motor, you will be all smiles!
Nothing like a go-kart with a fat motor. I love it! smile.gif
pete
QUOTE(bulitt @ Aug 23 2013, 05:32 PM) *

Are those Renegade headers?

Yes, I believe they are.
pete
I think I remember seeing something (maybe on here) regarding custom pipes by doing a mock up with PVC and then shipping to some company that makes exact replicas in stainless steel? Anyone have info on this?

Can anyone suggest mufflers? Something throaty (and cool looking) but not so obnoxious that I'de have to wear ear plugs while driving?
pete
QUOTE(speed metal army @ Aug 24 2013, 01:07 AM) *

When you go for your first rip in the car with that motor, you will be all smiles!
Nothing like a go-kart with a fat motor. I love it! smile.gif

Haha....Waiting for the yard work to slow down so I can get back in the garage. The car really isn't that bad (rust) I just need to blow the dust off the Mig and get at it.
chads74
I just finished my SBC in march and have loved it. I just need to tune the carb for Florida instead of 2500 ft elevation in Arizona. Keep posting pics of the progress. One of these days I'll post the pics from my conversion
speed metal army
QUOTE(pete @ Aug 26 2013, 01:10 PM) *

I think I remember seeing something (maybe on here) regarding custom pipes by doing a mock up with PVC and then shipping to some company that makes exact replicas in stainless steel? Anyone have info on this?

Can anyone suggest mufflers? Something throaty (and cool looking) but not so obnoxious that I'de have to wear ear plugs while driving?

Magnaflow exhaust. Sounds nice, and only loud when you want it to be.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.