Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to look for rust on a 914? need pictures!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
montoya 73 2.0
As mentioned above, I was asked this question by a friend that was looking at purchasing one possibly in the next few days. I tried to explain where to look but he wanted pictures so I put it to the community. Post your pics of the worst rusted area's we have on our cars. I don't have any rust on my Teener. slap.gif

I did a search and could not find a single thread with all the area's to look at, so I will try to get one going. Dig out your pics and post them.

Please try to explain where the area is (in idiot terms if it is not obvious) for the novice. Oh, He will be looking at this thread so prepare yourself for the carnage buddy and welcome.png

WTF.gif sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif
tracks914
agree.gif that about sums it up....EVEYWHERE! lol-2.gif
7TPorsh
pour a bucket of water on top of the car and watch where the water goes...then look down there for rust....

yes...everywhere
jim_hoyland
Perhaps someone has a pic of rust forming on the cowling under the bottom trim piece. And, along that joint between the cowling and fender; where the rubber strip is inserted.

I've seen in on numerous rust free 914's
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.