Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: interesting shifter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nein14-6
Here is an interesting shifter on the bird board:
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....er&pagenumber=1
Does anyone have something like this on a 914?
VegasRacer
Is your car a street car or a race car?
The RennShift is a very good product (see the details in our resource section)

Here is something similar to what you asked about in a 914.
I'm not sure what brand it is.
Mueller
I like the idea of it being closer to the driver....way too "mechanical" looking for a street car, or at least for me, I like more subtle items in my interior smile.gif
Mueller
John, I believe that is a Fabcar(?) shifter?
scruz914
QUOTE(Mueller @ Dec 10 2004, 11:05 AM)
....way too "mechanical" looking for a street car, or at least for me, I like more subtle items in my interior smile.gif

agree.gif Any one hear of Rube Goldberg?
nein14-6
On the fabcar shifter mentioned previously, where does the shift rod go? Do you have to cut another hole in the tunnel? What happens back in the engine area?
sixnotfour
Smart Racing Products sells the Fab Car shifter I thinks its 1200.00 for the 901- 914
They are fashioned after the 935 shifter
John
What exactly is the advantage of any of these shifters?

Is it the weight savings you get by emptying out your wallet?

Maybe I have never had to shift a 914 (or any Porsche) with worn out bushings. I've never had a bit of problems with the factory shifters as long as the cone screws stay in.

Smart Racing Products sells the Fab Car shifter I thinks its 1200.00 for the 901- 914
They are fashioned after the 935 shifter

$1200???? I know of many better uses for that money than spending it on a shifter.
TimT
I had a fabcar shifter in my 911, I sold it on ebay.the car currently has a stock 901 shifter, Im going to put a rennshift in soon
Jeroen
Tim, why did you get rid of the fabcar shifter? Not happy about it, or what?
(just curious)
TimT
The fabcar shifter seemed to transmit, and amplify every noise and vibration in the car. I really didnt like it..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.