Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Punch List Finished!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JawjaPorsche
I purchased my 914 new in 1973. It was my primary car for ten years then the kids came along and the 914 became a garage queen. Sure, I drove it from time to time when it ran! It seemed like I was always doing something to it. Thought of selling it several times but thankfully I didn't

With the twins in college, disposable income was in short demand. The 914 became a place to lay things on in the garage.

The twins graduated from college and got married and suddenly I had some coins in my pocket.

Then while on the computer two years ago, I discovered 914World! I was amazed how many 914's were still out there: some on jack stands, some modified, some restored to original condition, some daily drivers, some rust buckets!

I wanted my car to look almost like it came off the showroom floor again. Fortunately there was no money trail on how much I have spent on it the last two years or my wife would divorce me! I was lucky because the 914 was always stored in the garage so there were no body issues. Today, I finally got the last item on my punch list completed I just drove it into town at twilight for a Blizzard with the top down. It was 66 degrees and I had the heater on! It was awesome!

But I could not have done it without the many, many wonderful people on this forum who have helped me on several projects on the punch list. Some things I didn't want to tackle so my local mechanic helped me on some.

I have bought several parts for my 914 from several individuals on this forum in addition to the many vendors listed on this forum.

I am so glad that I discovered 914World two years ago. Thank you, thank you. beerchug.gif
Elliot Cannon
The car looks brand new. Fantastic, that you kept it all these years. I'm glad you found us and we were able to help.
Cheers, Elliot
Mblizzard
WOW! That is what I hope to do at some point. When I get mine done it is my intention to pass it on to my god son.

Like you, this forum has been one of the best things I have ever encountered. Members have graced me with some very generous gifts and have tried to return the favor in some small ways. Someone gave me some suspension parts and eased my budget a bit. When I saw another member doing some very generous work for someone in need, that gift allowed me to pass something one that I think made a difference in another persons life.

This is an amazing place with some amazing people and stories. But overall this forum is a means that allow many of us to realize our dreams. Mothered are just so few places like that in the world any more.

If you are going to feel a void in your 914 restoration needs, I bet there are other 914s out there, or I can send you mine to work on.
poorsche914
Awesome, Terry. Are we going to see you and your 914 at Okteenerfest?

driving.gif
r_towle
Well done and it's great to have the support of this awesome site.

Thank Andy for hosting us.

Rich
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Aug 24 2013, 10:09 PM) *

Awesome, Terry. Are we going to see you and your 914 at Okteenerfest?

driving.gif

My wife's best friend is getting married that weekend. Rats! Where do you think I will be? Unfortunately it will not be at Okteenerfest. Have to keep the little woman happy, at least she let me spend the children's inheritance on the teener!
Krieger
Very nice looking car! I had no idea you bought it new. Enjoy it for 40 more years beer3.gif
euro911
Looks great thumb3d.gif
Ian Stott
Great story thanks for sharing! Car looks real good, enjoy every minute of it. Says a lot about the car that you never ever got rid of it.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
billh1963
Beautiful car!
bcheney
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Aug 24 2013, 08:42 PM) *

I purchased my 914 new in 1973. It was my primary car for ten years then the kids came along and the 914 became a garage queen. Sure, I drove it from time to time when it ran! It seemed like I was always doing something to it. Thought of selling it several times but thankfully I didn't

With the twins in college, disposable income was in short demand. The 914 became a place to lay things on in the garage.

The twins graduated from college and got married and suddenly I had some coins in my pocket.

Then while on the computer two years ago, I discovered 914World! I was amazed how many 914's were still out there: some on jack stands, some modified, some restored to original condition, some daily drivers, some rust buckets!

I wanted my car to look almost like it came off the showroom floor again. Fortunately there was no money trail on how much I have spent on it the last two years or my wife would divorce me! I was lucky because the 914 was always stored in the garage so there were no body issues. Today, I finally got the last item on my punch list completed I just drove it into town at twilight for a Blizzard with the top down. It was 66 degrees and I had the heater on! It was awesome!

But I could not have done it without the many, many wonderful people on this forum who have helped me on several projects on the punch list. Some things I didn't want to tackle so my local mechanic helped me on some.

I have bought several parts for my 914 from several individuals on this forum in addition to the many vendors listed on this forum.

I am so glad that I discovered 914World two years ago. Thank you, thank you. beerchug.gif

Great story that is all too familiar. Congrats on hanging in there and bringing the car back to life! It feels great doesn't it!
ezbngreen914
I've seen the car in person. It looks great and Terry couldn't be a nicer guy. What a great story!
AZ914
Great story and beautiful car! Congrats! driving.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
Original owner
Well documented +1
Maintained & restored+2
No stories, excuses or abuses+3
Stock appearing & OEM +4

Kudos for you and your good looking 914 clap56.gif

Paul
JawjaPorsche
Thank you so much for all the kind words about my 914. It really means a lot to me coming from 914 guys who know their teeners inside and out.

Now if I can just restore my old body too! biggrin.gif

mepstein
Terrific!!!
euro911
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Aug 25 2013, 05:50 PM) *
Thank you so much for all the kind words about my 914. It really means a lot to me coming from 914 guys who know their teeners inside and out.

I hear ya. When my wife is going out shopping and asks if she can get me anything, I typically tell her, yes ... a new body dry.gif
Eric_Shea
Next COTM!!!
turk22
agree.gif

We need more pictures too!
green914
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Aug 25 2013, 05:50 PM) *

agree.gif wish it were possible to restore old body too! Your car looks great!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.