Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Indy cars at Sonoma
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Randal

Guessing they put in that different turn 9 to slow them down before 10? Likely a good idea, but it certainly changes the racing.

The head of Indy car was being interviewed earlier about running the road course at Indy, but obviously wasn't happy with the track, i.e., the track working for the Indy cars. If you can run F1 cars there, why not Indy cars?
Randal
QUOTE(Randal @ Aug 25 2013, 02:26 PM) *

Guessing they put in that different turn 9 to slow them down before 10? Likely a good idea, but it certainly changes the racing.

The head of Indy car was being interviewed earlier about running the road course at Indy, but obviously wasn't happy with the track, i.e., the track working for the Indy cars. If you can run F1 cars there, why not Indy cars?

That penalty on Dixon was BS. They stopped the 2nd place car, at that time, (Castroneves) at the back of the pit box. Now maybe that is normal, but then the right rear tire changer on Castroneves' car goes walking, carrying the tire horizontally, back to the wall to crowd Dixon, but he wasn't walking directly towards the wall... he was walking towards the center of the empty box. Smells like a set up!

You can't tell me that right rear tire changer didn't know what was going on.

Dixon got robbed.
carr914
I believe it was Will Power's Tire Changer carrying that Tire like a suitcase not Helio's Crew.

The penalty was BS, but I understand that they need to keep Crewmembers safe. The Interview with Mike Hull (Dixon'x Race Engineer) said that Race Control does not get the same Video as the TV Cameras, so the decision might have been made by not seeing the Crew sticking that tire out 3 feet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4sdBi1nPRU
Randal
QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 26 2013, 03:25 AM) *

I believe it was Will Power's Tire Changer carrying that Tire like a suitcase not Helio's Crew.

The penalty was BS, but I understand that they need to keep Crewmembers safe. The Interview with Mike Hull (Dixon'x Race Engineer) said that Race Control does not get the same Video as the TV Cameras, so the decision might have been made by not seeing the Crew sticking that tire out 3 feet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4sdBi1nPRU

I agree about keeping crew members safe - that always has to be the first priority.

Still astounded by the moves of that tire changer. Doesn't make any sense what-so-ever.

Don't know the rules for Pit stops, and there must be a bunch, but thinking they should require the cars to pit in the middle of their pit boxes. And if the car behind infringes upon the (back) of the pit box they should get penalized; otherwise what you have is paramount to people dodging trains.

On the other are the pit boxes big enough so that a car can enter and exit entirely within the outline of the pit?

carr914
They were Pitting in their Pit Boxes - it's confusing as the Painted White Lines are for the Nascar Pit Boxes
URY914
He's lucky 'cause if this was last year and Danica was pitted next them the guy would be dead. happy11.gif
carr914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Aug 26 2013, 02:15 PM) *

He's lucky 'cause if this was last year and Danica was pitted next them the guy would be dead. happy11.gif

2 Years Ago

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.