Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4732922456 followed me home :-)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Long story short I get a call Thursday about a track / AX car that has been sitting for a while in storage and the owner is ready to sell. It doesn't run and the wheels are "locked". I made the deal Friday and brought it home (used wheel jacks to get it out of the storage unit). I spent Saturday morning with my father in-law messing with it and fixed the fuel leak at the carb, replaced the battery. got the e-brake cable to release and well, took it for a spin (or two) around the block. w00t.gif

So it has a 2.7 /4 engine, 911 SC front suspension, steel flares, adjustable Koni's, welt sway-bar...blah blah blah..... and it looks kick ass. The PO had owned it since 1989 and had all this work done between 90-91. I love the car, but I can't keep it so I sold it to a friend of mine today. I have mixed feelings about letting it go, but at least I know I will be able to drive it ever now & then. And before anyone says anything yes I know I have a sickness, but I am thinning the heard. I sold the Blue bomber Thursday and I have a few people interested in the yellow 73 so that means I will be down to just 4 of them instead of 7. confused24.gif

Here are a few pics from yesterday after washing 3 yrs of dust and mouse crap from it and going on a test drive. aktion035.gif I will post more pictures of the engine later.
timothy_nd28
WOW drooley.gif
partwerks
Nice shape and color. Too bad mine isn't some other color other than black.
SirAndy
Are those bumpers metal?

If so, somebody with an early /6 might be willing to pay you good money for the rear bumper ...
popcorn[1].gif
914itis
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 25 2013, 10:45 PM) *

Are those bumpers metal?

If so, somebody with an early /6 might be willing to pay you good money for the rear bumper ...
popcorn[1].gif

Hm! What's special with the bumper?
mepstein
QUOTE(914itis @ Aug 25 2013, 10:57 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 25 2013, 10:45 PM) *

Are those bumpers metal?

popcorn[1].gif

Hm! What's special with the bumper?

1970 - one year only. Sharp creases near plate instead of smooth curve.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 25 2013, 09:45 PM) *

Are those bumpers metal?

popcorn[1].gif

Nope they are fiberglass.
TJB/914
Garold,
Wow, 2.7/4cyl.w00t.gif I am impressed with that big-4. Not many around.
At the Woodward Dream Cruise I parked next to a 1974-LE (real one) painted British Racing Green with a 2.7/4 motor and boy did it sound good. When he fired up that motor, it gave me chills down my leg. It was built & owned by Tim Pott of Eurotech Motors in AA. (see photo, Mr. Bowlsby, real LE, in Green Drag)
Garold: (7) 914's we all want to grow up to be just like you. pray.gif
Tom
GaroldShaffer
Tom it is a high rev motor for sure. I found a invoice for the motor from 1990. The PO paid $4576 back then for it. It was shipped from Martin's European Parts Warehouse in Redondo Beach CA. Anyone heard of them? confused24.gif I would like to find the build info on it if possible. I wouldn't think that they would have any info, but you never know.
Chris Pincetich
Orange you glad you bought another 914? biggrin.gif
It must be your loyalty to the current 914 race livery that drove the decision to sell it?
JmuRiz
Very cool, and I still like those RSR look front valences!
Eric_Shea
Nice Garold!

Tom... so that's Tim's car. Very cool.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Aug 26 2013, 03:29 PM) *

Orange you glad you bought another 914? biggrin.gif
It must be your loyalty to the current 914 race livery that drove the decision to sell it?

Well that and having no job. dry.gif
jbyron
Holy crap, Garold!! That's gorgeous!!!
Bills914-4
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Aug 26 2013, 12:17 AM) *

Tom it is a high rev motor for sure. I found a invoice for the motor from 1990. The PO paid $4576 back then for it. It was shipped from Martin's European Parts Warehouse in Redondo Beach CA. Anyone heard of them? confused24.gif I would like to find the build info on it if possible. I wouldn't think that they would have any info, but you never know.

I might be wrong, but I believe it was part of EMW (european motor works) back in the day?
They had Red Lion (storefront) on 190th st. & machine shop outback or around the corner red brick building , if memory serves me lol ! , I left Redondo bch. in 95' .
I think martin is Les Martin ? , you might give Jorge at EMW a call and ask him ? ,
I hope this helps Bill D.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(WLD419 @ Aug 27 2013, 08:09 PM) *

QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Aug 26 2013, 12:17 AM) *

I might be wrong, but I believe it was part of EMW (european motor works) back in the day?
They had Red Lion (storefront) on 190th st. & machine shop outback or around the corner red brick building , if memory serves me lol ! , I left Redondo bch. in 95' .
I think martin is Les Martin ? , you might give Jorge at EMW a call and ask him ? ,
I hope this helps Bill D.

Thanks Bill. beerchug.gif
bozo914
Nice score, too bad you couldn't keep it. You need an flared orange car.
GaroldShaffer
Well..... guess who bought this car....... Yep Me!!!!!!!!!!!! piratenanner.gif aktion035.gif smilie_pokal.gif I sold it to a buddy of mine last year. He spent some time sorting a few issues out and has not really driven it. He has a Ghia choptop project he is working on and decided to sell the 914. Asked me first if I would be interested and well hell yes I am. biggrin.gif

So the deal is done and it is mine. wub.gif Now I have a to find someplace to put it.
EdwardBlume
Its a keeper.... until you find another one. chowtime.gif
Chris H.
2.7L FOUR? That thing must be nasty. If you ever drive it by my neck of the woods let me know. I'd love to see it.
JRust
Man that is seriously orange. I think you need to work some more black into that bad boy to offset it. Of course that's just me I love Orange & Black.
GeorgeRud
Add some black! Just in time for Holloween!

Nice score, Garold!
rick 918-S
Nice G!
pete000
You have a lot of 914's !
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 26 2014, 08:40 PM) *

Man that is seriously orange. I think you need to work some more black into that bad boy to offset it. Of course that's just me I love Orange & Black.

agree.gif will work on that next year. for now need to get he brakes bled and few other little things.
76-914
Is there an "intervention" in your future? lol-2.gif
Chris Pincetich
If I had the $$, I'd buy it and put a big "SF" in black across it. Black and orange = Go Giants! beerchug.gif
gms
Is that the one we are cutting up next week?
sawzall-smiley.gif

Congrats!
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(gms @ Oct 27 2014, 04:09 PM) *

Is that the one we are cutting up next week?
sawzall-smiley.gif

Congrats!

slap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.