Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD SOLD SOLD 1974 914 2.0L From Camp 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
avidfanjpl
SOLD BACK TO CRAIG AT CAMP 914!!!!!

Thank you for all your time and visits.

Daphne is going back to the NW!!

Thank you, Craig!

Best to all,

John Lewis

Due to my mother's grave illness and a job change that was not anticipated, and a possible move, I am making a killer offer to someone that wants to take a superb candidate car.

It has a lot going for it, including one of the very best interiors on any 914 I have ever found, have new and excellent parts, including 4 good bilsteins and 140 springs for the car. Craig at Camp 914 just did a ton of things before I drove it home to here.

Bought about $600 or more in new parts that go with the car. New Bosch starter not installed. All new parts are still in the AA and PP boxes. New vacuum hose kit from AA. Boxes of parts from PP. Anyone that truly knows me here, knows that I am a quality nut and bought a lot even just starting out.

I also spent about $500 with Bruce Stone for bright stuff to really make the car nice.

I will NOT separate the parts from the car. This is ONLY a package deal.

This is a working car. No Smog needed. Titled in CA last month, new "BLUE914" vanity plates due to me any day. Craig was not wrong when he said it is a driver, but I had planned on a complete redo, but those plans had to be abandoned.

I have about $9K in the car, including the 6960 price I paid to Camp. And Craig did another $550 in work to ensure an uneventful drive to SoCal.

I just cannot take on a project and my elderly mom is very costly right now.

I want $6000 and you get it all. I want the car to go to someone that can take the project on. This is not a cutup car. I drove it 1,000 miles to home and all hell broke loose at home, with my mom, and at work.

Tires are almost new, I installed new brake pads (PBR) in the front, and all fluids are new. New wires, all new filters, etc. The Triad Exhaust sounds wonderful.

I am using Craig's pics, cause nothing has changed since I got it. 145K on speedo is not accurate, but it is what I put on the CA registration, cause they inspect the car. I think the PO did yellow LED's in the cabin, because it is really bright and doesn't look like the old bulbs at night.

Remember, please. $6000 and no separating anything from the car or the parts package. Available to drive away from Anaheim Hills, CA.

Thanks!

John Lewis
avidfanjpl

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
sdthomas
PM sent
earossi
PM sent.

Regards,

Ernie Rossi
carr914
Sorry about your Mom

GLWTS
Tom_T
Sorry to hear all the bad news John. sad.gif

I wondered what happened to our tentative lunch after 8/1....
.... let me know when you can get together & hope your Mom does well.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
bulitt
Wow, stuff happens quick in life.
Hope your Mom gets well!!!
avidfanjpl
Thank you, TC, Tommie T and others!

Mom will not make it out of her dementia facility, but I will not forget ANYONE'S kindnesses.

Tommie T, I will need a few weeks.

TC, at some point I will be back to Tampatown. Please call Steve G. and have him call my cell. I have not had time to tell him all the news. That call will take a few hours alone.

Bulitt, thank you, but she is almost 90 and was totally lucid up until about 88.5, so who can complain about having one's mom around for 61 of my years?

She is comfortable and in no pain. That is a wild blessing in itself.

May God richly bless you all, my dear friends on 914World!

Maybe someday I will make a West Coast Ramble with another 914?

That would finally be nice, but I have some time before that can happen.

Till then, someone is going to get a great car to redo.

The timing was just not right for me on this one.

I don't even have the space for it, so it should go to a good home now.

John
Tom_T
No worries John, sent you a PM.
avidfanjpl
Thank you to everyone responding (even I was a bit surprised!) and I am showing the car for the next week. I am off, but do have some appointments between now and the 9th, so please PM me if you care to stop by, but I want to schedule anyone that wants to visit.

John
avidfanjpl
75porsche914
If it hasn't sold I would be very interested and available on Monday.

Thank you

Peter edwards

323-788-3856

QUOTE(avidfanjpl @ Aug 26 2013, 12:22 PM) *

Due to my mother's grave illness and a job change that was not anticipated, and a possible move, I am making a killer offer to someone that wants to take a superb candidate car.

It has a lot going for it, including one of the very best interiors on any 914 I have ever found, have new and excellent parts, including 4 good bilsteins and 140 springs for the car. Craig at Camp 914 just did a ton of things before I drove it home to here.

Bought about $600 or more in new parts that go with the car. New Bosch starter not installed. All new parts are still in the AA and PP boxes. New vacuum hose kit from AA. Boxes of parts from PP. Anyone that truly knows me here, knows that I am a quality nut and bought a lot even just starting out.

I also spent about $500 with Bruce Stone for bright stuff to really make the car nice.

I will NOT separate the parts from the car. This is ONLY a package deal.

This is a working car. No Smog needed. Titled in CA last month, new "BLUE914" vanity plates due to me any day. Craig was not wrong when he said it is a driver, but I had planned on a complete redo, but those plans had to be abandoned.

I have about $9K in the car, including the 6960 price I paid to Camp. And Craig did another $550 in work to ensure an uneventful drive to SoCal.

I just cannot take on a project and my elderly mom is very costly right now.

I want $6000 and you get it all. I want the car to go to someone that can take the project on. This is not a cutup car. I drove it 1,000 miles to home and all hell broke loose at home, with my mom, and at work.

Tires are almost new, I installed new brake pads (PBR) in the front, and all fluids are new. New wires, all new filters, etc. The Triad Exhaust sounds wonderful.

I am using Craig's pics, cause nothing has changed since I got it. 145K on speedo is not accurate, but it is what I put on the CA registration, cause they inspect the car. I think the PO did yellow LED's in the cabin, because it is really bright and doesn't look like the old bulbs at night.

Remember, please. $6000 and no separating anything from the car or the parts package. Available to drive away from Anaheim Hills, CA.

Thanks!

John Lewis
avidfanjpl

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

ScoopLV
If someone doesn't buy this soon, I'm going to just out of principle. My wife has been hinting that she wants a Porsche as well. I'm thinking 911. But for $6K, this is awfully hard to pass up.
carr914
QUOTE(avidfanjpl @ Aug 27 2013, 02:49 AM) *

Thank you, TC, Tommie T and others!

Mom will not make it out of her dementia facility, but I will not forget ANYONE'S kindnesses.

TC, at some point I will be back to Tampatown. Please call Steve G. and have him call my cell. I have not had time to tell him all the news. That call will take a few hours alone.

John

John, Glad you talked to Steve - he & I will be hanging out today as I pick up my Teener from Paint. You and your Mom are in our thoughts. My Mom was in the same situation as yours - lean on others as you proceed on this path, as I believe this disease inflicts more pain on the family than the victim herself

When you hook up with a New Job, bring me along with you - we obviously have the same interests & strange taste in friends.
ben*james
John, sorry about your troubles right now. Hang in there and good luck with the sale. This is really a nice 914 and 6k is an absolute deal. Should go fast.
hndyhrr
Is she still for sale?

Thanks
Renee
avidfanjpl
Thanks to all!

Several PM's just went out to interested parties. I am showing the car today, tomorrow and I can show it on Tuesday or Thursday.

Send me a PM, and we can arrange things.

Thanks to all who have stopped by so far. Daphne is enjoying everyone looking up her chassis!

John
avidfanjpl
Thank you, Ben. I never planned on this, but when parents age poorly, I have to send her on to someone to care for her. I bet the babies will use the money well!!!
wub.gif

I will get another one when life lets me. pray.gif

THANKS!

John

QUOTE(ben*james @ Aug 31 2013, 07:41 AM) *

John, sorry about your troubles right now. Hang in there and good luck with the sale. This is really a nice 914 and 6k is an absolute deal. Should go fast.

ehokana
PM sent. Very interested!

Can't believe I may have a chance at a deal like this! Even if I wasn't looking before, I would be now
Jonathan Livesay
I went and checked this car out, it is every bit as nice as he says it is. If I am honest I just don't have the room or time for another one right now (it took the GF pointing that out to really drive it home dry.gif ). Please somebody buy this car before I can't help myself. evilgrin.gif
Rustic05
Definitely interested. New to 914 World. I live in AZ, how do I contact you about a visit.?

928-776-0835
shuie
Very nice looking car. Great color.
avidfanjpl
Man alive!

I am terrible at guessing who will make the move. So far, it seems that every visitor is working to figure out if they are the buyer.

Still have some from out of state to talk to.

Selling a car seems to never be easy.

Everyone hang on just another day to see about the AZ, WA and OR people pinging me.

Thanks!

John
Ari914
John,

My name is Jim. I'm sorry to hear about your mom. We just went through a similar situation with my Dad. We had him for 88 years, happy, pleasant and healthy (physically) until the end. My thoughts are with you.

I would be interested in getting more info / speaking with you about your car. I can be reached at 941-329-4632 (office number). If you get voice mail, please let me know how to get in touch with you.

Regards,

Jim
avidfanjpl
SOLD BACK TO CRAIG AT CAMP 914

SEE TOP OF THREAD.

This car is SOLD!

Thanks to all that came by, called, or otherwise showed interest.

Daphne Monet is going back to where she came from.

Thanks, Craig!

Thanks to ALL,

John Lewis
ben*james
QUOTE(avidfanjpl @ Sep 7 2013, 12:12 PM) *

SEE TOP OF THREAD.

This car is SOLD!

Thanks, Craig!

Thanks to ALL,

John Lewis

Wow...back in the neighborhood smile.gif

Craig, I found a file for her with receipts going back to the mid 80's. I'll bring it by.
avidfanjpl
Yeah, Ben!

She had a 1/2 summer in SoCal!

John

QUOTE(ben*james @ Sep 7 2013, 04:56 PM) *

QUOTE(avidfanjpl @ Sep 7 2013, 12:12 PM) *

SEE TOP OF THREAD.

This car is SOLD!

Thanks, Craig!

Thanks to ALL,

John Lewis

Wow...back in the neighborhood smile.gif

Craig, I found a file for her with receipts going back to the mid 80's. I'll bring it by.

ben*james
If she comes back with large bumper tits and highlights it will seem like it was all planned.
75porsche914
QUOTE(shuie @ Sep 3 2013, 02:50 PM) *

Very nice looking car. Great color.

Congratulations John, I shouldn't have hesitated with the purchase. Wishing your mother the best treatments.

Sincerely

Peter
avidfanjpl
Ben, she at least has one new tittie!

HILARIOUS but true!

Peter, you will find a car, no worries!

John
Jonathan Livesay
Glad you got it sold since that was what you had to do, I too am suffering from non-buyers remorse. sad.gif Just didn't have the room or time right now.
avidfanjpl
Well, I do have a 914-6 track car I could sell you!

Actually, someone in the great state of Florida may be taking that one. That car may have Sebring in it's future!

But, I must get past the mom illness time before I think of a 914 again.

It will probably be about this time in 2014, or early 2015.

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

Thanks all,

BUY 914!!!! PREFERABLY FROM 914WORLD.

John
avidfanjpl
Daphne ran away today to the Great Northwest. She was just a tramp, anyway.

Drove her here, bathed her regularly, but that damn blue dressed slut sold herself back to her own home!

Good luck with her, Oregon!

Thanks again, CAMP 914 CRAIG!!!!!!!
boxstr
Back at you John. All the best.
Craig at CAMP
ben*james
Sad but so true! beerchug.gif
You had her your way, I had her mine.....

quote name='avidfanjpl' date='Sep 12 2013, 12:59 PM' post='1925140']
Daphne ran away today to the Great Northwest. She was just a tramp, anyway.

Drove her here, bathed her regularly, but that damn blue dressed slut sold herself back to her own home!

Good luck with her, Oregon!

Thanks again, CAMP 914 CRAIG!!!!!!!
[/quote]

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.