Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear trunk hinge bracket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LotusJoe
I seem to recall someone was selling a replacement bracket that either bolted on or riveted?? Or am I dreaming? confused24.gif
IPB Image
Eric_Shea
Weld it...
JawjaPorsche
AA has them for $24.20

Part Number 91450103010

http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-parts/914.php
76-914
Pete @ Restoration/Design. Which welds? If bolt welds came loose replace it. If bracket welds came loose I'd still order a new one but I'd look at the wall it is welded to pretty carefully.
LotusJoe
Thank you, that's the kit I was looking for, however at $80.00 I think I'll just weld it back.

IPB Image
green914
QUOTE(LotusJoe @ Aug 26 2013, 01:14 PM) *

Thank you, that's the kit I was looking for, however at $80.00 I think I'll just weld it back.

IPB Image

agree.gif weld it back.
pt_700
a local muffler shop welded a used replacement bracket in for me.

of more difficulty was re-setting the torsion bars...

i think i invented a few new curse words...
Bartlett 914
Weld it on. There is a lot of pressure on this part. The problem is the lubrication for the hinge bolt. There is no easy way to lubricate it. They have a tendency to seize which rotates the bracket breaking it off. Same for the front trunk. Grease it when installing
SLITS
Which is exactly why I ditch the torsion bar setup and go to a gas shock set up to relieve the pressure the torsion bars put on the bracket.
BKLA
I have an unused jwest hinge kit I'll sell for $50.00 shipped.

I got rid of the torson spring, installed the gas struts and welded the stock hinge point back on. But I had the engine out and rear suspension off to make the repair much more simplifed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.