Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 conversion on ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Nine_14
Never saw any other conversion in this price area.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...916&vxp=mtr

what are YOU thinking ?

mettelman
You mean the "Buy it Now" price of $155,000? lol-2.gif
mettelman
Maybe they misplaced a decimal point ... $15,500 or maybe even $1,550 confused24.gif
Nine_14
For 155k it must be a car wich has left the factory before yesterday and the engine swap etc. must be done yesterday.

If this is not a mistake in the decimal point, the owner must be a dreamer.
billh1963
$15,500 would be the right (albeit strong) price given the need for paint.
carr914
Get the Crack Pipe out!

“Car is used and needs minor interior and detail”
Nine_14
Yes, pricing in the 15K area is realisitc, but detailed pics are missing.
somebody know the car in detail ?
TravisNeff
I called on this car last year. Not sure if it had changed owners since then. It was a functioning car, but needed a bunch of work and paint to make it nice. I think the price point was around 12 or so?
Nine_14
If the actual owner want to sell the car again after one year there might be some issues and he is tired of spending lots of bugs for the baby dry.gif
914Sixer
Car is for sale on Craigslist in Austin, TX. POS. $15K
Nine_14
Thanks for the info Sixer, some more pics there.
Looks really skuffy.

rwilner
15k may not unreasonable for a running, driving 3.2 conversion. If the 3.2 is nice (what's the deal with the pic of the cracked airbox in a FS ad??), if the fuchs are real and the 5 lug stuff is in good shape, that's worth 10-12k right there in parts.

In the build vs. buy world, you'd be way ahead getting this car vs. buying a 4 and starting from scratch (as always).

Again, that's assuming the conversion stuff is serviceable and not beat up.
Nine_14
Actually the price is up to nearly 15k, and 6 days left. I have an eye on it but i think this deal will become a little bit over my budget.

It is right, the worth of the parts only is arround 10-12k but there are some diffrents
driving this car in the states, or bring it to germany. Shipping costs, tax must be paid, a roller cage must be installed when using a 3.2 engine, euro lenses, some money for the unexpected things to do, etc. ....

A 3,2 is nice, for shure, but not the first choise for me. I Prefer a 2,4 or freshly rebuild 2,7.
ben*james
I'm just crazy enough to buy this, but not sight unseen. Does anyone have a source for a PPI in North Austin?
TravisNeff
I have a lot of photos of the car the owner sent me last year,
TravisNeff
mo'
TravisNeff
mo'
TravisNeff
qwerty
TravisNeff
asdf
TravisNeff
zxcvb
TravisNeff
;lkj
TravisNeff
poiu
TravisNeff
;lk;l
Nine_14
Jeff, now i know why you didn´t bring the baby home beerchug.gif
ben*james
It's a beauty Clark!
billh1963
Lots of potential...lots of work to finish
ben*james
SOLD! Pending ppi, headed my way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.