Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Altec/Lansing IMSA 914-6 at Monterey Historics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
infraredcalvin
This is my buddy at this years historics at Laguna Seca. Car is still new to him on the track, but a short in car clip of his little spin at the corkscrew. Don't know how to embed, but here is the link, hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IhxoHM0wxU
Ferg
Nice vid, I was at Turn 5 for that, you can see your buddy pass my friend Allen in the Beverly Hills Porsche RSR on the inside of 5 before his spin at the corkscrew.
bulitt
Fast car eh?
Ferg
QUOTE(bulitt @ Aug 27 2013, 01:20 PM) *

Fast car eh?

Twin Plug 2.5 IIRC driving.gif
bulitt
And here is the girl-

"The most prominent feature of the campaign being the presence of the 1974 Playmate of the Year, Cyndi Wood, who not only appeared fetchingly draped over the 914's flared fenders in ads placed in both mainstream and enthusiast publications, but also at race track paddock displays hawking Altec's new line of bookshelf stereo speakers - the Volkspeakers." Patrick C. Paternie

infraredcalvin
QUOTE(Ferg @ Aug 27 2013, 02:29 PM) *

QUOTE(bulitt @ Aug 27 2013, 01:20 PM) *

Fast car eh?

Twin Plug 2.5 IIRC driving.gif

Yes it is a 2.5, the RSR he passes is much faster in the straights, but driver is more tentative in the corners.

My buddy also races among other things a speedster and spyder with pretty narrow rubber, so hes used to holding momentum. He says this thing is a monster, he once claimed that he couldn't spin it because of all the rubber... Ha ha famous last words...
ConeDodger
QUOTE(bulitt @ Aug 27 2013, 01:54 PM) *

And here is the girl-

"The most prominent feature of the campaign being the presence of the 1974 Playmate of the Year, Cyndi Wood, who not only appeared fetchingly draped over the 914's flared fenders in ads placed in both mainstream and enthusiast publications, but also at race track paddock displays hawking Altec's new line of bookshelf stereo speakers - the Volkspeakers." Patrick C. Paternie

I believe she is now Dr. Cyndi Wood having become a psychologist...

Wikipedia: Cynthia Lynn Wood (born September 25, 1950 in Burbank, California) is an American model and actress. She is the daughter of Harold and Erma Wood. She was chosen as Playboy magazine's Playmate of the Month in February 1973, and the 1974 Playmate of the Year.[1] Her centerfold was photographed by Pompeo Posar.[1] She pursued a Ph.D. in psychology with the goal of helping emotionally disturbed children.
Ferg
Just noticed that the Vid, was pre-reunion... Monday prior. I didn't think he spun on historics weekend...
FourBlades
Great video, thanks for posting that!

I'd love to drive my IMSA 914 at the Historics. drooley.gif

It would help if I finished it... rolleyes.gif

John
carr914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 27 2013, 06:07 PM) *

QUOTE(bulitt @ Aug 27 2013, 01:54 PM) *

And here is the girl-

Patrick C. Paternie

I believe she is now Dr. Cyndi Wood having become a psychologist...

She pursued a Ph.D. in psychology with the goal of helping emotionally disturbed children.

Can I Volunteer - I'm Emotionally Disturbed
Rleog
Was the corkscrew spin due to the rear brakes locking up?
ThePaintedMan
Great video! Love that car! Want to see John out there at Monterey someday soon too.

Yeah, it looks like he went in way deep. He stuck with it though, which is good cause that could have been baddddd. I think with the kind of speed he's carrying up the hill he'd probably need to be on the binders before and downshifting at that last little kink right, just before the corkscrew. Otherwise he's turning in while still braking while going over a crest, which is probably why the rear end got light and he locked 'em up.

Also just noticed that it looks like he didn't blip quite enough on the downshift into that kink right. Went to let out the clutch and got a little wheelspin which, combined with the momentum he was carrying and while turning in... and well, there you have it.
carr914
Slipped on a Banana Peel MDB2.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
dcheek
Picture in my office
Click to view attachment
infraredcalvin
QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 28 2013, 05:20 AM) *

When was this pic taken, I'm assuming you did it, I'm probably sitting/standing just to the right of the pic.... Bummer we never met...
carr914
No I didn't take it - found it on the old interweb
bulitt
Sharps Datsun was one beautiful car also.

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.