Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB set of 4 or 5 steelies for '72 4 lug
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
BK911
Look for STRAIGHT wheels ready to install tires and bolt on.

Please email pics and price to bk911 at hotmail dot com

Looking to spend around $50 - $75 each.

Thanks,
BK

Have 5 pedrinis for trade. 4 early 1 late. piratenanner.gif
tod914
x
slcarr
QUOTE(tod914 @ Aug 27 2013, 08:41 AM) *

I have a set for I just posted on the Samba for $200.00. These are late style, so not sure if that's what your looking for.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1522603

Let me know if your interested. Thanks, Tod

I have the regular 4 bolt steel wheels or the type with the cross on them. I can bead blast and primer and paint and have them ready to go for trade on Padrini's?
slcarr.steve@aol.com
Griffinroydonald
Offer removed due to lack of reply confused24.gif
euro911
The stock 4-lug steelies came in two widths, 4.5" and 5.5"

Be careful and don't get the regular VW (Bug, Ghia, etc.) type - the back spacing is different.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(BK911 @ Aug 27 2013, 10:35 AM) *

Look for STRAIGHT wheels ready to install tires and bolt on.

Please email pics and price to bk911 at hotmail dot com

Looking to spend around $50 - $75 each.

Thanks,
BK

Have 5 pedrinis for trade. 4 early 1 late. piratenanner.gif

I have the set of five that came with my '72. Four were restored years ago & never used, The fifth is original. I'm never going to use these again. Pic's are available. The four restored are $75/each. The fifth, unrestored and unrusted, is free. Shipping is on you. Free, if you care to pick them up. Four have vintage Pirelli CN36's on them. The fifth has my original Continental mounted. These are straight, balanced and damned pretty.

LMK is interested.
Pat
BK911
Seller backed out, so search continues.
Anything out there?

Are these available new?
Found new VW backspacing, but not 914.
JawjaPorsche
I have five steelies from my 73 914. I will even throw in the hubcaps and beauty rings. They have tires with lots of thread on them too. $300 but you will need to pickup. I live 150 miles from you.

I painted the wheels black to change the look but they can be painted back to original silver. Tires are standard 165SR-15's.
jimkelly
this pictures show a standard steel wheel up front and a sport steel wheel in back.

IPB Image

IPB Image

just added a pic of matt's car with 5.5 standard steel.
aharder
I have 4 of the Sport wheels that I would be willing to sell.

BK911
Thanks for the pictures Jim.

Looking for the standard in 15x5.5.
lennyhope
QUOTE(BK911 @ Oct 4 2013, 11:39 AM) *

Thanks for the pictures Jim.

Looking for the standard in 15x5.5.

How is a VW 5.5 x 15 steel wheel different to a '914' 5.5 x 15 steel??
jimkelly
vw wheels generally have slightly less back spacing, thus stick out further towards the fenders.
lennyhope
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Oct 23 2013, 09:28 PM) *

vw wheels generally have slightly less back spacing, thus stick out further towards the fenders.

But they will fit ok?...If wider? Is this the same for the 4.5 size aswell?
rhodyguy
they'll 'fit' but...vw backspace 5.5 vs 914 5.5. tire size limitations and potential rub issues. i'd forget the 4.5s all together.
the colonel
Howdy,
There is a set of four 1974 sport wheels with tires gathering dust beside my little girl who is gettin mighty impatient waitin for me to finish the floors and get the engine in. I'm quite a lot of work away from the time I'll need the EMPI's I just bought so the stock wheels are free (and you can't beat that at half the price) if you want to pick them up or phone me @ 502 551 4359 and maybe we can arrange a meeting somewhere. The tires look great but have been on the wheels in storage for twenty years soooo....
I'm in Louisville and always enjoy meetin fellow Porschefiles ( sp ?). My hours are all day every day. Be persistent, sometimes I loose track of my phone. (and, yes if it weren't attached I would loose track of my head too).
The wheels have a lot of paint on them but will probably clean up nicely. The odometer says 39000 miles but women and cars tend to have accuracy issues when discussing their mileage. There are three center caps as well, the real high dollar, (or Deutschmark if you prefer) plain black plastic ones.
If you think these might be you, call me or PM me.

Has anybody seen my phone..... wacko.gif

The Colonel
lennyhope
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Oct 23 2013, 09:28 PM) *

What other vehicle were slot style VW factory 5.5 x 15 steel wheels made for...If I find some are they always going to be those from a 914?
rhodyguy
VW 4 lug slotted (plain steel) wheels...type 1, type 3, ghia, 411/412.
lennyhope
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 26 2013, 12:59 PM) *

VW 4 lug slotted (plain steel) wheels...type 1, type 3, ghia, 411/412.

What markings/stamps are on the 914 5.5 steelies that distinguish them from others??
rhodyguy
ask that ? in the garage. it'll get more looks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.