Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Germanicus 914 CanAm Prototypifilium
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
I have just now come to find out that there were several special 914s in display on the Karmann stand at the 1973 IAA show in Frankfurt that I have never seen before. My 914 LE website documents Ludwigsens EWE account of what is described as a Bumblebee at the Paris IAA 1973 show, but the following cars are different. I just received this original photo of the 914 cars in Frankfurt…look how cool they are for all you 914 history buffs…

The red car also appears in the Ludwigsen book as having been displayed at the Paris IAA 1973 show.

The USA car also appears in monochrome in the Das Grosse VWP Buch.

The remaining cars seem to be for France, Germany and Britain.

These display cars seem to have been made up in graphic themes depicting the major 914 markets…that’s all I can surmise. Note that they all appear to be euro-equipped 914s, and some have engine grille lettering and some have graphics even on their rear trunk lids…All USA 1974 914s (except the LE cars), came with targa bar vinyl as displayed here FWIW.

biggrin.gif
boxstr
What is with those stripes?? Wow.
CCLINAUTODEALER
bernbomb914
very kool

Bernie
GWN7
any more pictures?

Very nice BTW
rhodyguy
that bmw is a good looking car.

kevin
Gustl
Wow Jeff, great find IPB Image

as far as I remember Andi has got contact to Karmann - maybe he could ask for more info on these nice cars?
URY914
Where do you find this stuff?
VegasRacer
Amazing discovery. smilie_flagge6.gif
DNHunt
Jeff

That stuff is really cool to see. Your efforts are awakening an interest in the history of these cars. Thanks for your efforts.

Dave
East coaster
Gee, those stripes really help accentuate the Lincoln Continental vinyl barf.gif

I'll never get the vinyl on a sports car thing! confused24.gif

Oh hey.....just noticed the shag-a-delic UK version. Does it make you randy???
seanery
I like the USA car, the French car is barf.gif
GaroldShaffer
Very cool!

I found these pictures of the 1970 & 74 Chicago Auto show.
GaroldShaffer
1974 smile.gif
JeffBowlsby
I thought some of you would find these interesting. Its the only photo I have or know about. Maybe I will find more someday. I occasionally see 1973 IAA info packets available but never have picked one up to see whats inside. Wolfgang knows most of the places I scout...I look under rocks, speak different languages and have 914 friends throughout the Vurld... biggrin.gif

I am just a certifiable 914 nutcase....
Gustl
here's the very first french official press photo
2 Oct 1969 - Salon de l'Automobile de Paris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.