Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Soft - Front Targa Top Holders
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GWN7
I'm finally happy with the front holders. I added material to the bottom of the "ledge" that the top sits on and more material to the bends so they are stiffer but still shouldn't mar a painted hood when it's riding in place. There is a few mm added to the back where they bolt to the trunk for extra strength.

These are made from the same material that the rears are made from so they will be durable and flexible. Production starts this week and I should be shipping (if anyone wants them) Friday.
rhodyguy
how many loonies bruce?

kevin
GWN7
Same as the rears, priceing, ordering, shipping info in the member resources classifieds section. HERE
beerchug.gif
jim_hoyland
Great ! I have a newly painted top and the front holder is maring the paint.

Snt you a pm

Jim
East coaster
Those are cool and I want a set, but I don't understand how the stock one's mar the painted tops. The part of the top that goes into the holder is the lip on the top not the actual top, isn't it?
tracks914
QUOTE(East coaster @ Dec 11 2004, 06:32 AM)
Those are cool and I want a set, but I don't understand how the stock one's mar the painted tops. The part of the top that goes into the holder is the lip on the top not the actual top, isn't it?

agree.gif
That's the way mine fit in.
Maybe I'm doing it wrong? confused24.gif
GWN7
The stock one's are hard plastic. If your top moves while in it (Ever drive on a rough road?) you can get marks on the edge of the top where they sit. Eventually wearing the paint off. These new ones being made of a softer material should stop that from happening.
94teener
Bruce,

PM me with price & I will pay via Paypal or whatever method you want.

Thanks in advance,

94teener
GWN7
All the shipping/pricing info is HERE
Kerrys914
Sweeeeet smilie_pokal.gif

Money send via Paypal smile.gif The rears are GREAT.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.