Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lets play this silly game
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MoveQik
My nomination is the plastic nut that holds the top dashboard on the back, left side of the gauges.
Trekkor
I'm not a fan of the in board nuts that hold the Webers onto the manifolds on a SIX.

KT
CptTripps
I saw the name of the topic and thought to myself "inside the dash...behind the gauges."

THANK GOD they're plastic and relatively torque-free. I pulled a pristine dash from a car in a junkyard a few years ago, and had to use my hands and a "too long" wrench to do it. That nut took me 2X longer than every other nut on the dash...combined. 1/8th of a turn at a time.
Mblizzard
I recently did the dash nuts. I was pissed for a week after! They get my vote.
bandjoey
The tinnnney little bitty screws that hold the targa pad on.
JoeSharp
The ones that hold the fresh air fan in place.
URY914
The car was built around those f-ing dash bolts. The assembly line had the bolt on a string and the car was built around it.
SLITS
Brake line hardware with the engine in place.
ThePaintedMan
I guess it's sort of a bolt, but the rubber vibration damper that holds the windshield wiper assembly to the dash is a real pain.

All of this of course pales in comparison to the top starter motor bolt on a Mustang.
CptTripps
QUOTE(URY914 @ Aug 28 2013, 05:00 PM) *

The car was built around those f-ing dash bolts. The assembly line had the bolt on a string and the car was built around it.

I about spit coffee when I read that. lol-2.gif
Valy
The dash nuts were easy for me.
The C clip holding the banjo hat inside the rear caliper is my winner.
Drums66
...Anything to do with the glove box,really tries my patience!! :idea!
bye1.gif(that "SPRING")
r_towle
The nuts that have rusted in place to attach my jack stands to the car.

Rich
MoveQik
QUOTE(URY914 @ Aug 28 2013, 02:00 PM) *

Best. Reply. Ever. beerchug.gif
Michael N
I can't remember exactly what the nut or clip was but I do remember having sore abs and arms after laying on my back under the car trying to reconnect the master brake cylinder. It was something that seemed so simple but took too long.
76-914
QUOTE(Drums66 @ Aug 28 2013, 02:16 PM) *

...Anything to do with the glove box,really tries my patients!! :idea!
bye1.gif(that "SPRING")

agree.gif Can I get an Amen?
tadink
The screw that holds my wife's wallet closed when I'm trying to buy cars / parts / projects!?
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 28 2013, 03:43 PM) *

bye1.gif(that "SPRING")

Why bother with the damn spring? The glove box door operates just fine without it.
speed metal army
Rear targa latches. Not removing, installing. mad.gif
914itis
Tryng to replace the license plate light bulb.
Ask me how I know .
Drums66
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Aug 28 2013, 05:27 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 28 2013, 03:43 PM) *

bye1.gif(that "SPRING")

Why bother with the damn spring? The glove box door operates just fine without it.

......Praise Jesus, Trying to get things perfect!!!.....can't do it? idea.gif

bye1.gif
Pursang
QUOTE(CptTripps @ Aug 28 2013, 01:14 PM) *

I saw the name of the topic and thought to myself "inside the dash...behind the gauges."

THANK GOD they're plastic and relatively torque-free. I pulled a pristine dash from a car in a junkyard a few years ago, and had to use my hands and a "too long" wrench to do it. That nut took me 2X longer than every other nut on the dash...combined. 1/8th of a turn at a time.

+1 on this. I replaced my dash top a year or two after I bought the car. Those damn nylon nuts were so hard to tighten that I had to stop work the first day because I was so frustrated I thought I would break something.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.