Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trying to Downsize & visited my 73 2.0-L Parts car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TJB/914
I visited my 1973 914 2.0-L parts car owned by my buddy and I. He is going to scrap it out before snow fly's in MI. He will keep the motor, trans & wheels & I can take what I want. My dilemma when I went there looking for a sun visor part for Peter in CA. I am trying to downsize per my current post with Tom's "Good Stuff" from my stash. But, I see some interesting parts, heated rear window with switch, good sun visor's that will clean up, cream headlight surround, etc. etc. I hate to see this stuff go away forever, so what should I save without a big hassle????

Suggestion's Please. confused24.gif popcorn[1].gif

Tom

BTW: Anyone who purchased parts from me, if your don't like the part, call me for a return or adjustment. That's my policy, subject to discussion.

TJB/914
Few more pics
Tom
TJB/914
Forgot to say, the white one only.
Tom
GeorgeRud
The heated rear window with switch seems like a saver. Actually, as things are going, I would probably recommend taking off all the removable parts that you can. As more and more things become NLA, it's nice to preserve as much as we can to keep other cars alive.
billh1963
Keep all the switches, rear glass (it has the defroster elements), cream headlight surrounds, gauges, Mahle's and other small stuff.
dlee6204
Rear Window w/ complete wiring harness, switches, sail trim, and wheels. Maybe that rear bumper?
bdstone914
I would pull anything and everything you have time and space for, But I'm a parts hoarder!
ThePaintedMan
Pedal cluster, ignition switch, door locks, trunk lock, door handles (URY914), wiring harness (Bowlsby).

I wouldn't mind having the foam pad that goes in the passenger footwell smile.gif I think I see one in the trunk of the yellow car.
mepstein
I want the steering wheel if your willing to sell cheap. Thanks, mark
TJB/914
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Aug 29 2013, 04:17 PM) *

I would pull anything and everything you have time and space for, But I'm a parts hoarder!

Hey Guys, I'll save as much as I can hide from the wife. shades.gif
I used to be a "hoarder" but now I am cured rolleyes.gif The problem is finding things I didn't know I had. confused24.gif I am keeping this one for my 914, just in case happy11.gif Really.

I worked harder selling off my stash than going to my regular job. This is a tough way to make $1.00 per hour in wages. sheeplove.gif

I agree with George, save everything possible as the parts supply is drying up. I noticed anything NOS or good sold immediately.

Tom
r_towle
Walk away...don't look back.
Only way to downsize.
TJB/914
Boys & Girls WTF.gif
It didn't last long, I am back to being a "hoarder" and not a seller. I am taking my parts stash off the market headbang.gif
I found out it's too time consuming selling lots of parts as posted. It takes away from running my business & it's not fun finding boxes, packing material & trips to UPS & the Post Office. I did made few bucks to spend on Starbucks Coffee. I'll complete any promise on parts negotiated, but I am closing all new sales.

What did I learn!! popcorn[1].gif
914 parts are drying up and good stuff sells fast. Finding 914 parts & cleaning them up sells better. There are lots of gems available in parts cars if you buy carefully. I spent an hour cleaning up new found parts from my parts car and some of them could go on Eric's 914-6 GT lol-2.gif Selling 914 parts is for retired people or people with lots of time on their hands. I also learned to hoard small pieces and forget the heavy iron. Heavy iron takes up too much space & little parts bring better money per pound. happy11.gif

Anyway it was fun & I am back to being a "HOARDER" icon8.gif Example, see how nice these parts cleaned up. For my retirement if it every happens. idea.gif
Tom bye1.gif pray.gif
JeffBowlsby
Maybe let others come over for free parts pulls once you are done with it?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Aug 29 2013, 03:17 PM) *

agree.gif me too. w00t.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.