Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Having wheels widened
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jwalters
ohmy.gif Wondering if anybody here has ever sent their aluminum rims off to be widened. I know of several companies in the past that did them--

Wouldn't it be cool to have a set of empi 8 spoke rims @ 8 - 10 inches wide??

I probably couldn't afford it--or could I?? wacko.gif
Mueller
here you go...Compomotive...15x8 (plus some in 16" size)

Those cheap american racing Empi-wannabes are known to crack as is without fooling around with them smile.gif

I wouldn't trust them any wider than they already are, you'd put even more stress on the center section

You can also get brand new Revolution wheels for our 914s in the correct 4x130 bolt pattern...this is what I did, I like the idea of running brand new never been beaten on wheels instead of "who-knows-how-they've-been-treated-30-year-old-rims" smash.gif

oh yea, last time I checked into having rims widened, the cost was ~150 each with a lead time of a few weeks to a month
jwalters
QUOTE(Mueller @ Dec 11 2004, 01:48 PM)
here you go...Compomotive...15x8 (plus some in 16" size)

Those cheap american racing Empi-wannabes are known to crack as is without fooling around with them smile.gif

I wouldn't trust them any wider than they already are, you'd put even more stress on the center section

You can also get brand new Revolution wheels for our 914s in the correct 4x130 bolt pattern...this is what I did, I like the idea of running brand new never been beaten on wheels instead of "who-knows-how-they've-been-treated-30-year-old-rims" smash.gif

oh yea, last time I checked into having rims widened, the cost was ~150 each with a lead time of a few weeks to a month

huh.gif So, how much are those puppies?? beer.gif
Mueller
about $230 each...expensive, but you get a brand new wheel
jwalters
QUOTE(Mueller @ Dec 11 2004, 02:27 PM)
about $230 each...expensive, but you get a brand new wheel

wink.gif Worth exploring--thanks man beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.