Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1970 Porsche 914 (1.7L)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
corsepervita
PENDING SOLD

I am selling my 1970 Porsche 914. It's an early year 914, I do have records of previous ownership. Last owner was Jim "Porsche Rescue" Chambers. I am the 3rd owner of this car. Asking $9000 (OR BEST OFFER), cash only. Little over 113,000 miles. You're welcome to call me at with any questions (or drop me a pm, that's fine too).

The car has had the front and rear bumpers repainted by Jim. The rest of the car is in the original paint. The interior is still original and I have recently pulled the vinyl from the door panels and reglued them due to them sagging so much (they're fine now).

This car is a non-appearance group 914 and still has the original working radio (which was the only option bought on the car) as well as the original foot rest. The car has been well maintained and is still a runner. My only reason for selling my Porsche cars is due to having my eye on a different car altogether.

Hoping it goes to a good home to someone who will appreciate it and love it as much as I have. The car has been in no wrecks and has a clean history, the only oddity was the ignition harness burning up which I rewired and repaired.

It has an entire box full of spare parts which range from bits and pieces to random relays and other odd stuff. There is even a targa seal which is in a box that has been unused. I've never replaced it because the current seal does just fine.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

- tune up (plugs, wires, cap, rotor, points)
- Set dwell and timing
- Replaced injector seals in the last 2 months
- fuel filter in the last 3 years
- New front passenger side caliper
- New brake lines in the last 5 years
- New master cylinder in the last 4 years (replaced with 911 master cylinder)
- Vacuum lines replaced
- Flexible fuel lines replaced in the last 4 years
- Refreshed all the fuses
- Repaired and replaced ignition wiring harness
- Oil consumption is excellent
- Fixed the speedometer

Pics of the recent fix on the door panels:
IPB Image
IPB Image

Couple things:
- Plastic spacer on trunk mechanism broke, latches and closes fine, just missing the spacer
- Part of the drain tub on the engine lid has a crack where one of the screws holds it in.
- The dash has started to crack in a few spots despite the car being garaged and taken care of, although they aren't terrible. I guess nothing lasts forever.
- The paint is not perfect, does have dings here and there (which can be somewhat seen in the above photos) and touchup paint used from the original owner, again, survivor status car, not a concours car.
- Fuel mixture is a tad lean. Corrected with a small ballast resistor, may up the value to try and richen it up a bit more.
siverson
Nice - is that Irish Green?

-Steve
corsepervita
QUOTE(siverson @ Aug 30 2013, 12:03 AM) *

-Steve

Yes. L60E
Still for sale! smile.gif
gifted914
QUOTE(corsepervita @ Sep 4 2013, 10:13 AM) *

QUOTE(siverson @ Aug 30 2013, 12:03 AM) *

-Steve

Yes. L60E
Still for sale! smile.gif

Same as mine except I have black Interior.

Peter
corsepervita
I'm open to offers!
corsepervita
Price lowered! Still open to offers, would love to see it go to a good home smile.gif
corsepervita
Bump. 9k.
corsepervita
Still open to offers, still for sale! My 911 is sold sold sold. This is the last one to go!
corsepervita
Updated car description, richened the car up a little and fixed the speedometer. Ready to drive, happy 914 smile.gif
corsepervita
Officially sold. Mod may delete if necessary.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.