Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newbie question about using a battery from another car for testing electrical
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
doug_b_928
This weekend I'm going to do round two of de-mouse pooping and begin tinkering with my 73 that has been stored for 18 years. Dumb newbie question: Can I hook-up a larger 12V battery from another car just for the purposes of testing electrical items to see what does and does not work without damaging any of the electrical components? I'm assuming that 12V is 12V and that the larger size has more to do with having more juice available for turning over a larger engine and powering more stuff. I realize that the 914 may not charge a larger battery effectively, but I'm not worried about it charging the battery since I won't be running the engine with it. I won't need a dedicated battery for this car for a long time so it would be unfortunate to have to spend $100 on a battery at this point, but I don't want anything to get fried either.
CptTripps
12V is 12V. You're all clear.
doug_b_928
Excellent, thank you!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.