Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: YOU HAVE GOT TO SEE THESE HEADS!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jwalters
ohmy.gif smilie_pokal.gif ohmy.gif wink.gif smilie_pokal.gif OH MY GOSH---I AM DROOLING AND TOUCHING MYSELF RIGHT NOW!!!
jwalters
smilie_pokal.gif
jwalters
smilie_pokal.gif
jwalters
smilie_pokal.gif
jwalters
smilie_pokal.gif
jwalters
smilie_pokal.gif
jwalters
smilie_pokal.gif www.typeivparts.com
mattillac
can i borrow $$$$$$...i'm good for it. wink.gif
skline
Those are not type 4 heads, those are type 1 heads. Wont work on the 914 engine. Too bad.
jwalters
QUOTE(skline @ Dec 11 2004, 03:41 PM)
Those are not type 4 heads, those are type 1 heads. Wont work on the 914 engine. Too bad.

wink.gif ohmy.gif Wrong dude---those are type IV heads with the type 1 exhaust port, and dual plugs, and big ports, and big valves, and.................................................. cool_shades.gif
Andyrew
Thats what I thought... Looked at them and went "Those arent T4 heads... Did jake finally come out with his heads??"

Hmm 3500...

I think I'll stick with SBC...

Andrew
jwalters
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Dec 11 2004, 03:45 PM)
Thats what I thought... Looked at them and went "Those arent T4 heads... Did jake finally come out with his heads??"

Hmm 3500...

Andrew

confused24.gif I don't know---I emailed the guy that is selling these--you should really check out the power charts---these are made in Germany--been in developement for over 4 years 290 hp out the box!!! beer.gif
jwalters
QUOTE(jwalters @ Dec 11 2004, 03:48 PM)
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Dec 11 2004, 03:45 PM)

Hmm 3500...

Andrew

confused24.gif I don't know---I emailed the guy that is selling these--you should really check out the power charts---these are made in Germany--been in developement for over 4 years 290 hp out the box!!! beer.gif

confused24.gif What are the SBC ones you are referring????
seanery
for a chevy small block.
he's got a v8 in his car.
jwalters
wink.gif Yea, he said these are bored out to 103 mm--and when you look at where the studs go thru--that is exactly right--the type 1 heads at 103mm would be past the stud altogether-----wish I had 3500.00 sad.gif
seanery
that page doesn't work for me.
jwalters
QUOTE(seanery @ Dec 11 2004, 03:51 PM)
for a chevy small block.
he's got a v8 in his car.

blink.gif wacko.gif huh.gif ...man, was I dim as a2 watt dash light just then or what??? Think I need more beer!! beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif
jwalters
http://www.type4parts.com/ beer.gif beer.gif

Sorry 'bout that---I have not had my daily twelve pack yet... biggrin.gif beer.gif
Aaron Cox
those are"remille" heads?
Andyrew
Lol,

Got me laughing though...

290 hp.. I'd like to see what size engine that is to get the much power.

And how reliably...

ahh..

that was funny..

Andrew
jwalters
wink.gif Hey, here is a thought--everybody else is doin a group buy---lets see, if we get at least 50 dudes to do this, and we get the price down to a set of nickies.............................................. beer.gif
Mueller
I'd rather wait for Jakes parts....these look fine and dandy, but if you have problems with them good luck.

I'd ask Steve if he has actually used these yet or not...if not I'd stay clear from them, I'd hate to be the US guinea pig on them smash.gif
Aaron Cox
what exhaust would you run ?
Mueller
what exhaust would you run ?

the one that you custom made smash.gif smile.gif

if Jakes heads have the same type of exhaust ports then I'd venture to say that Chris will be offering an exhaust system....

don't know if you can run the 914 fan housing or not, you might be able to modify it so the exhaust does not run into it.....
Randal
That web address doesn't work for me either.

Is the correct address, "www.typeivparts.com?"
jwalters
QUOTE(Randal @ Dec 11 2004, 04:29 PM)
That web address doesn't work for me either.

Is the correct address, "www.typeivparts.com?"

biggrin.gif yea, I got screwed up----http://www.type4parts.com/

beer.gif
Aaron Cox
heres a link to the heads
http://www.type4parts.com/cat_type_4_heads.cfm
Mark Henry
Sweeeeet! wub.gif

They look well made...in a bug they would use an off the shelf T1 exhaust...looks about 1-7/8 or 2'.

A 914 would need a DTM and a custom exhaust.

Mmmmm...7mm valve stems, dual plug, lots of fins and silicon aluminum bronze valve seats.

Very trick! cool.gif

I'd love a set....but if the wife knew the price of my Nickies and ceramic lifters I'd be dead meat.

Best not to tempt fate.
pete-greggers
dude..... a v8 in a porsche??
Hmmm
TheCabinetmaker
Eat shittt? dude, ya gotta do better than that!!!!
Brett W
Too bad they couldn't come up with a better head in all that time.

They will have cooling problems. Look at the fin coverage on the stock heads.
They should have done it as a crossflow head. End ports don't flow as well.
They should have used a more modern chamber design so they didn't have to have dual plugs.
Polished intake ports are a waste.
They won't fit in a 914. Engine will be too wide. Those heads are too tall.

Bet you could have some fun with boost though.
Mueller
type I exhaust ports cannot be that bad, they kick our type iv's @ss when it comes to hp for turbo and hot rod motors...don't know how long they last, but they cannot be that bad smile.gif
Brett W
Anything is better than what we have, but it is far from the optimal way to do it.
Mueller
crossflow would be nice, but we have those darn push rods in the way smile.gif
Brett W
HHHHMMMMM, chevy, ford buick, olds, Chrysler, etc worked around it.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Brett W @ Dec 12 2004, 02:57 AM)
Too bad they couldn't come up with a better head in all that time.

They will have cooling problems. Look at the fin coverage on the stock heads.
They should have done it as a crossflow head.  End ports don't flow as well.
They should have used a more modern chamber design so they didn't have to have dual plugs.
They won't fit in a 914.  Engine will be too wide.  Those heads are too tall.

Bet you could have some fun with boost though.

Fins or lack of them is always a problem with aftermarket heads. This head tries to overcome this with more big fins and with the better T1 exhaust ports.

You are stuck on stock T4 casting thinking...polishing T4 intakes are a waste only because you can not get the exhaust gasses out fast enough. With those exhaust ports you would need the extensive intake porting just to make it flow right.

As far as chamber and overall design goes they are trying to keep it within the stock design limits. The overhead cam and split port type head designs I've seen so far are a total nightmare.

If you think you could do better step up to the plate....but I think Jake is the man for that job.
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(Brett W @ Dec 11 2004, 10:57 PM)

Once you get past a certain compression ratio you have to use twin plugs.

Geez, if you were going to build an engine that cost that much, I'd just get one of those Popolous four cylinders. The ones that are basically a 911 flat six with two cylinders lopped off.
Brett W
Polished intakes suck. They are so smooth that they allow fuel droplets to fall out of suspension and stick to the sides of the ports. Thus causing poor efficency. Boundary layer is much better on a port wall with texture to it. I ususally finish my ports with a 40-60 grit cartridge roll and I use different textures at different areas of the port. Polished ports make customers happy. The stock intake ports are not a bad design, the exhaust ports are awful though. (we already know that)

If I had the money or time I might look into it. I have so much on my plate right now that I can't even think about. I have thought about it before but I don't think I can come up with one for a reasonable price.

Once you get past a certain compression ratio you have to use twin plugs.

I know Porsche says that and that is the case with the crappy combustion chamber design of the 911 engine, but look at the new Vette engine. 11 degree wedge head, pushrod engine, 10.9:1 compression with a 4 inch bore. You could easily raise that to 11.5 with proper piston design good knock control. With a compact wedge design or classic shallow pent roof combustion chamber you get a much more efficent use of the combustion space allowing for faster burn and much less timing requirements.

Could you still use the Four cylinder motor, and call it a Porsche engine?
slugmika
I believe that mr. Remmele knows his stuff.
john rogers
Those are similar to the Autopower and Pauter heads. They work well on low RPM hi torque motors or drag motors that are pulled apart after every race weekend. If you were to want to race them, in most events they would be illegal. Sure are nice though!!!
redshift
Pauter makes all kinds of unusable alien technology.

smile.gif

M
Jake Raby
Those are engine plus heads...

I bought a set just for testing against my new heads that about the same idea, BUT much better..

My heads are 100% billet items with all leading edge seats, guides, valves and springs.....

The engine plus heads are known for running hot- Mine won't...

The heads we are working on put those to shame........

280 CFM on the intake side so far and almost 240 on the exhaust...

Read more here
http://www.aircooledtechnology.com/heads.htm

and the test engine here

http://www.aircooledtechnology.com/r_d_3_OH.htm

They'll be getting tested against the engine plus heads and a set of "full on" 2.0 914 heads as well..

Looking for a start up date on the engine around March 1st in preparation for a big dyno day here in the Southeast..

BTW- The Pauter heads are a pure waste..
jwalters
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Dec 12 2004, 07:19 PM)
Those are engine plus heads...

I bought a set just for testing against my new heads that about the same idea, BUT much better..

My heads are 100% billet items with all leading edge seats, guides, valves and springs.....

The engine plus heads are known for running hot- Mine won't...

The heads we are working on put those to shame........

280 CFM on the intake side so far and almost 240 on the exhaust...

Read more here
http://www.aircooledtechnology.com/heads.htm

and the test engine here

http://www.aircooledtechnology.com/r_d_3_OH.htm

They'll be getting tested against the engine plus heads and a set of "full on" 2.0 914 heads as well..

Looking for a start up date on the engine around March 1st in preparation for a big dyno day here in the Southeast..

BTW- The Pauter heads are a pure waste..

confused24.gif Hey jake,have you come close to finalization on a price For your heads yet????

Now to hijack: Jake, When would be a good time to call you- about that cam and exhaust........PM me.. aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.