Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I just clocked 36 mpg
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
solex
This car never ceases to amaze me, drove it every day this week while the station car is in the shop. The engine has 3117 miles on it.
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(solex @ Aug 30 2013, 10:32 AM) *

This car never ceases to amaze me, drove it every day this week while the station car is in the shop. The engine has 3117 miles on it.

So what is your secret? Are you sure you are not running too lean?
76-914
Same here. I got 37mpg w/ my wife riding shotgun during the 2012 Route 66 trip. Hi way/city avg at that! Triple checked mileage and fretted over running too lean but AFM & CHT confirmed it wasn't. Oh BTW, this was 2.0, DJet, 9550 cam kit w/ 42 hours on the engine. It was still kicking ass on gas milage when I sold it. Sounds like you've got it dialed in and have good driving habits. I found that speed wasn't as much a factor as staying steady on the accelerator!
solex
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Aug 30 2013, 11:58 AM) *

So what is your secret? Are you sure you are not running too lean?

I checked plugs 1k ago and they seemed fine, stock engine with euro pistons, SS exhaust, Bursch header, 195/65 and just haven't been mashing the pedal.

I thought that this type of efficiency was expected from a stock engine that is driven normally?
914itis
I got about the same result driving from md to NY last year in my stock 2.0 djet.

I am local , planing in driving mine for the weekend , maybe we can meet.
solex
QUOTE(914itis @ Aug 30 2013, 01:28 PM) *

I got about the same result driving from md to NY last year in my stock 2.0 djet.

I am local , planing in driving mine for the weekend , maybe we can meet.

Sound good pm me.
r_towle
Answer me this....please
What size diameter tires are you running?

25.6 is the stock diameter.
Anything smaller will produce higher MPG readings.

rich
914itis
225 50 16 rear
205 50 16 front
r_towle
24.6-24.9 inch diameter rubber

so you are off by a percentage

You will read higher MPG because of the smaller tire.
Wheel rolls around more to cover an actual mile.
Odometer spins more...

Check the odometer with GPS and measured miles on the highway...
unless you have had it recalibrated, its off.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.