Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Price check.... '74 Bumblebee
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
billh1963
Thoughts on value of this? Real LE, one owner, 62K miles, off the road for 15 years. Rust in at least one jackpoint... the total rust situation unknown at this point.

Click to view attachment
soltino
5-10 depending.

tino
JeffBowlsby
Priceless!

Seriously...Depends on condition a big part of which is about originality.

That LE looks like has the original front spoiler which is extremely rare (only about 50 known to exist). It needs its COA to get top dollar.

No hood badge, original paint? Numbers matching engine? How worn and how clean is it? The answers will detemine its value and of course its only worth what someone will pay. I know of top quality LEs that have sold for mid $20's, others in ordinary condition that have sold for the same price as non-LE 914s.
JRust
Jeff knows his LE's & is the best reference you could have. AS he said the numbers matching is a huge deal. The rust is always a concern. Having said that I've had plenty of 914's with rust that really weren't worth what it would cost to fix. An LE is different & unless the car is ready to fold in half. I'd say it's worth fixing smile.gif . I'm a little more partial to Creamsicles for LE's though evilgrin.gif
914Sixer
Guy wanted $8900 but I never could get him to return email. Car is in Michigan. This is the car I sent Jeff an email about last week.
budk
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Aug 30 2013, 03:04 PM) *

Priceless!

Seriously...Depends on condition a big part of which is about originality.

That LE looks like has the original front spoiler which is extremely rare (only about 50 known to exist). It needs its COA to get top dollar.

No hood badge, original paint? Numbers matching engine? How worn and how clean is it? The answers will detemine its value and of course its only worth what someone will pay. I know of top quality LEs that have sold for mid $20's, others in ordinary condition that have sold for the same price as non-LE 914s.

Jeff - How much of the value would be in having the original paint? My was painted yellow at some point so it won't be original when I am done with it but it does appear to have the original front spoiler.

Thanks.
JeffBowlsby
Ya need more details to know if thats fair price Mark. If it needs lots of work its overpriced. if minor, it could be a great bargain. The photo looks very promising though...

Original paint is the holy grail to a collector, it adds significant value, because its only original once. A high quality repaint is also valuable, but all else being equal, two identical quality cars, one with original paint the other a repaint...the original paint car will always be worth significantly more. And a coor chaneg car is almost always a big devalue unles the car has many customizations.
budk
No Porsche graphic on the sides.... does that indicate a re-spray or were the original graphics able to be removed without damage?
billh1963
I only know the details I posted at this point. I was referred to the seller through another car forum I frequent who knows my interest in 914's.
6freak
. Car is in Michigan.

they salt the roads there icon8.gif

smile.gif
billh1963
It's a "pig in a poke" at this point without more details. I was wondering directionally where prices are on LE's these days.
PanelBilly
I'd call the car an everyday teener unless Jeff gave it his seal of approval.
Michael N
That car sure looks like it wants to bee driven. Get it.....bee driven. I still love the yellow and black front of the car. I think it looks fast parked.

I think that the original factory front LE spoiler is worth at least the same as a /6 rear valance. When was the last time you saw a original factory LE valance for sale?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.