Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Otto's Venice?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
Whatever happened Otto's shop? We know he passed earlier this year - did his shop auction off or did they just lock the doors?
Steve
As far as I know it's still open. They are now doing all exotic cars and no longer specializing in Porsche. They did sell his parts stash to a vendor in our want adds. He has all the parts in an airplane hanger in Long Beach.
Interesting.. The ottosvenice.com web site is down.
914Sixer
IS that seller Sebring 66 ?
ndfrigi
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Aug 30 2013, 04:16 PM) *

Yes sir I believe Scott who owns the shop at one of the hanger in Long Beach Airport who acquired all the 914 parts from Venice area who died this year. I did work in this shop with Scott for a few days just to help him sort all 914 parts inside his hanger. And yes Sebring66 is the ID name here in 914world.
sixnotfour
I thought his wife Ann was going to keep the shop open ?? she probably did some house cleaning popcorn[1].gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Aug 30 2013, 07:22 PM) *

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Aug 30 2013, 04:16 PM) *

Yes sir I believe Scott who owns the shop at one of the hanger in Long Beach Airport who acquired all the 914 parts from Venice area who died this year. I did work in this shop with Scott for a few days just to help him sort all 914 parts inside his hanger. And yes Sebring66 is the ID name here in 914world.

Sebring66, eh? Too bad.
soltino
I thought one of his aces opened up a nearby shop carrying on the tradition.

tino
Steve
I heard rumors that the owner of the building wanted to kick everyone out and sell it to either Google and there new electric scooters or condos'. Is Venice Beach Auto Body aka Beach Boys Racing and Otto's still there?
campbellcj
QUOTE(Steve @ Aug 31 2013, 08:45 AM) *

I heard rumors that the owner of the building wanted to kick everyone out and sell it to either Google and there new electric scooters or condos'. Is Venice Beach Auto Body aka Beach Boys Racing and Otto's still there?

John had told me that some time ago. Ongoing pressure on real estate prices and rents in that area due to the 'Silicon Beach' phenomenon going on. My office is about 1.5 miles from there so I can try to swing by sometime and scope it out. Last time I was there a few years ago the shop had almost totally transformed to working on Range Rovers and so forth and there were few Porsches in sight.
Shindog1961
They still have an ad in the latest Panorama. Here is the contact info;

Ottos Venice
707 South Hampton Drive
Venice, CA 90291
Phone: 310-399-3221
FAX: 310-399-9399
www.ottosvenice.com
ruddyboys
great guy, meet him once never forget him!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.