Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil sending unit(switch) on a 75 914 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CTDan914
Is the oil sending unit on the top of the motor or on the bottom?
I looked at the somatic for the motor and it looks like it is on top but I can't find and I have a new one to install.

Can someone help me locate this?
Dave_Darling
The sender for the oil pressure "idiot" light is on top of the motor, next to the distributor. It's kinda buried in there, under a hole in the engine tin. There may be a rubber plug over the hole.

The sender for the oil temp gauge is in the "taco plate" on the bottom of the motor. That's the round sump plate that is held onto the crankcase by two bolts.

--DD
CTDan914
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Aug 30 2013, 08:18 PM) *

The sender for the oil pressure "idiot" light is on top of the motor, next to the distributor. It's kinda buried in there, under a hole in the engine tin. There may be a rubber plug over the hole.

The sender for the oil temp gauge is in the "taco plate" on the bottom of the motor. That's the round sump plate that is held onto the crankcase by two bolts.

--DD

DD, thank you for pointing out the location of the senders. I think I was looking right at the oil pressure sender and didn't even know it. Tomorrow, I'll try again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.